Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately 250M in venture capital including a recent Series D round by Andreessen Horowitz. Now surpassing a 1B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock Safety is looking to add a Security Engineer to our growing company. Today, Flock Safety has over 500 employees in 30+ states and is rapidly expanding. As a member of the Information Systems team this person will report to our Security Operations Manager.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Implement and maintain tooling used by Security Operations and Incident Response teams
- Identify and remediate vulnerabilities for all internal tools and endpoints
- Automate security processes to reduce manual tasks
- Develop and track the performance of security systems and make recommendations to improve them on a continuous basis
- Monitor systems for irregularities and set up preventative measures
- Develop and implement best practices and security standards for the organization
- Partner with other parts of the company on cross-functional engineering tasks
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation
- Perform special projects and tasks as assigned by the Security Operations Manager, or Director of Information Security.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have 3+ years of hands-on technical work experience in security engineering at high growth technology companies
- A strong foundation of security architecture, protocols, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures.
- Ability to communicate effectively utilizing critical thinking skills, the ability to learn new concepts, and problem-solving as they arise.
- Bias towards operational excellence with a strong attention to detail
- Be excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
Choosing where you are interested in interviewing is a big decision. We hope we can make that choice a bit easier with an inside look at what we offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs, including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 94% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1B+ images a month (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a minimum starting salary of $140,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.