Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Bitpanda Custody in London is a recent addition to the Bitpanda den. Our vision is to make it safer, faster and easier for institutions and people to safeguard and administer crypto assets across blockchains, DeFi and exchanges. We develop and design solutions through our people, processes, and technology to make it secure and easier for everyone to create or find value in crypto markets. With Bitpanda Custody, our users experience greater freedom to transact in a fair and efficient manner.
As a cross-disciplinary and fungible security engineer focused on Bitpanda Custody solutions, you will partner with multiple Engineering and Security teams across Bitpanda Group in a consulting facility, to ensure that you continuously raise the bar for security within and around the existing and new product areas of Custody.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a broad and deep technical understanding of our Custody business solution as well as related infrastructure, systems, applications and business processes.
- Work with our Infosec team to achieve goals related to compliance and certifications (ISO271, SOC2)
- Leverage this understanding to create, implement and support security controls, tools, processes and services such as SIEM, vulnerability management, intrusion detection, etc.
- Define, execute test cases that evaluate the effectiveness of security controls and improve the controls, based on the outcome.
- Interpret security tools and penetration testing results to stakeholders within custody, providing advice on vulnerability remediation and risk mitigation as well as hands-on technical prototyping.
- Create relevant documentation and metrics to your stakeholders and business leaders and deliver these in a clear, concise manner.
- Develop innovative and scalable tools, solutions, and processes to enhance security operations.
- Maintain proficiency in Physical and Cloud Infrastructure Security bodies of knowledge.
- Propose and develop training materials that help raise the security bar across the Custody organization
- Be part of the broader security team of Bitpanda group and help with cross pollination of ideas, processes, tools and other security-related initiatives.
- This role will be based in London
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience.
- Senior engineer with demonstrated experience in areas such as physical security, systems security, network security, application security and cloud security.
- Experience or interest in security analysis of HSMs and related code-base with languages such as C or Rust
- Understanding of best practices in security engineering, including network security, systems security, cryptography, and security operations.
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging to executive, technical, and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy across different discipline areas
- Scripting skills (E.g: Python, Go, shell)
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.