Security Community Manager
We are searching for an enthusiastic community manager who gets excited about security and is ready to take the challenge to grow the biggest community of open-source security researchers. You would be setting up our community growth strategy, manage our Discord server and help out the community members. You will also manage partnerships with other communities and organise online events.
Patchstack is a cyber security company helping companies and software developers to identify & patch vulnerabilities in open-source code. We have a strong community focus with our own gamified bug bounty program called Patchstack Alliance.
What we do:
- We provide a SaaS solution to detect and virtually patch plugin vulnerabilities.
- We run a community-driven bug bounty platform (Patchstack Alliance) to nurture a community of independent security researchers behind the WordPress ecosystem.
- We maintain an open and free WordPress vulnerability database
- We provide professional code review and security auditing to WordPress plugins
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a self-disciplined professional with excellent communication skills who is fluent in the English language.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced startup environment where everybody is involved in planning the direction and growth of the company.
While we provide a lot of personal freedom, we’re looking for a solution-oriented person who is not afraid of challenges and is also happy to work on tasks that might not fall into everyday responsibilities.
- Plan and execute community growth strategies
- Manage Patchstack Alliance Discord server
- Plan and execute community partnerships
- Plan and execute community events
- Work closely with our security research team
- Stay up-to-date with the latest open-source and web application security trends
- Strong understanding of web application security
- Excellent communication and writing skills (in English)
- Experience with managing Discord servers
- Experience with WordPress and other CMSs
What we can offer:
- Highly impactful work
- No corporate environment
- Paid training for work-related personal development
- Paid vacations (35 days a year)
- Full-time telecommuting in a globally distributed team
- Co-working space membership or WFH equipment for home-office
- Fitness club or a local gym membership
- Competitive salary with stock options plan
- Awesome team members!