Risk Advisory - Cyber Strategy - Compliance & Governance - Consultant
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organisation”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte makes an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology, and operations. Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
Cyber and Strategic Risk
Helps clients address various aspects of Cyber and other strategic risks to their organisations in order to make risk informed strategic choices, prepare to respond to disruptions, assess and manage enterprise-level risks through their lifecycle, and strategize and respond to the risks associated with the reliability and protection of data, associated processes, and technology.
We provide advisory and managed services designed to help Senior Executives identify, assess, manage, and respond to risks and/or catastrophic unforeseen incidents that could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation, and or financial standing.
Click here to see more about what our Cyber Risk team does.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
Main Job purpose:
- Support the Cyber Strategy team and the broader Cyber team with large-scale transformational projects.
- Assist with building and maturing the Deloitte Africa 360°Cyber Programme.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary and varied set of team members, clients, and service providers from across the globe.
- Apply innovative thinking to define effective recommendations to clients by leveraging your experience, market knowledge and the broader Cyber Africa teams.
- Grow professionally through training, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning.
Additionally, You will be responsible for:
- Support the Engagement Manager/Senior Manager in the delivery of services on delegated client engagements/projects.
- Focus on the delivery of client engagements and share knowledge and experience with others.
- Produce high quality deliverables and support team members where required.
- Build strong client relationships and assist with growing our African footprint.
- Explore trending areas such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) with the aim of automating Cyber service offerings where possible.
- Understand and interpret complex security-related business challenges and assist the engagement team/s with conceiving innovative Information Security/Cyber solutions for clients to solve their problems through security design and architecture.
- Execute complex project activities and support less experienced team members where required.
- Assist Management/Senior Management with managing client relations and expectations.
- Manage own work against the project plan to ensure a world class client experience.
- Prepare documents such as reports and assessments – amongst others.
We are looking for
A pro-active, adaptable, and keen to grow individual with:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- A minimum of 2 to 4+ years of advisory work experience across various industries
- Experience in assessing risks, reviewing, and testing controls
- Experience in Risk/Governance frameworks (COBIT, ISO, NIST)
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Being able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Relevant Degree, honours or post graduate diploma, professional qualifications e.g., BSc, BCom, or B.Ing/Eng or MSc
Advanced certifications, diplomas, professional certifications, advanced degrees in Cyber Security - examples include:
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer Certificate
- ITIL – IT Infrastructure Library Foundation
- Security +
- (ISC)² - Certified in Cybersecurity℠
- (ISC)² - CGRC - Governance, Risk and Compliance
- 2 to 4+ years of experience with role(s) in a professional, consulting services, public and/or private sector organisations is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Consistently delivers high quality work
- Ability to meet deadlines (reliable and dependable)
- Able to multi-task
- Displays initiatives and takes accountability for delivery of work
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise competing responsibilities as per their urgency and importance, ability to multi-task on various client engagements
- Technical expert in Cyber Security
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Consulting skills
- Experience in drafting and presenting to clients
- Good report writing skills
- Sound financial knowledge and understanding
- Business acumen
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.