We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Snowflake is seeking an experienced Privacy Manager to partner with teams across Snowflake to coordinate, enhance, and run a wide range of data protection activities. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic privacy team at a fast growing company. Excellent interpersonal skills are paramount for this role in order to achieve the cross-functional collaboration necessary to facilitate Snowflake’s compliance with the ever-changing regulatory landscape. Candidates must have the ability to learn quickly, the desire to dive deep into privacy rules and requirements, a comfort working with ambiguity, and a passion for finding solutions that achieve maximum results with minimal impact on related business teams’ efficiencies and effectiveness.
This is an in-person role; currently the team attends the office Tuesday through Thursday, with remote work allowed on Mondays and Fridays. The ideal candidate will be based in or around Dublin (California), but this role could also be based in Atlanta (Georgia), Mclean (Virginia), New York (New York), or Bellevue (Washington).
- Maintain good working knowledge of requirements of global data protection laws, as well as Snowflake’s data protection policies and procedures
- Operate, improve, and monitor the effectiveness of internal data protection processes, including internal privacy by design processes
- Assist with data protection assessments, such as PIAs, LIAs, and DPIAs
- Communicate and escalate privacy questions and concerns privacy counsel as needed
- Manage internal data inventory and update existing and new records of processing activities
- Identify areas to improve Snowflake’s privacy practices and policies
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to drive policy and process improvements
- Create and deliver privacy and data protection trainings
- Managing time-sensitive privacy requests, including data subject requests, user reports of privacy violation, internal escalations, or external inquiries
- Collaborate closely with global counterparts on the Security, IT, Compliance and HR teams
- Work with Global Privacy Operations and Privacy Legal team members and leaders to coordinate policies and processes
OUR IDEAL PRIVACY MANAGER WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in a privacy operations role
- Working knowledge of global privacy and regulatory frameworks, including GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, HIPAA, etc.
- Ability to research independently and quickly gain familiarity with privacy laws
- Experience with privacy certifications and audits
- Experience with privacy-related tools and applications, such as OneTrust
- Technical savvy with ability to quickly learn and operate new applications
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organization
- A good sense of humor and passionate about privacy