- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 20,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than 1,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions that help people face life’s challenges.
- We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
What are we looking for?
We're looking for a talented, motivated, smart individual to support our Legal/Compliance Team. This is your opportunity to work with a collaborative and supportive team in the red-hot field of healthcare technology. We are seeking a Privacy Manager to lead privacy compliance reviews for all proposed business projects made by BetterHelp. Applicants should have 2+ years of privacy compliance review work and exposure to working with regulatory guidance from the FTC or a similar regulatory entity. A focus on healthcare or tech law would be ideal.
What will you do?
- Understand and review proposed business projects for applicable domestic and international privacy concerns
- Negotiate simple privacy contracts with guidance from management
- Work closely with product, data analytics/science, engineering and other business teams and advise them on adjustments that should be made to current projects to align with privacy compliance needs
- In collaboration with Legal/Compliance team members, design and implement a streamlined, tech forward process for formalizing future privacy reviews.
- Assist with tracking data transfers
- Implement audits, assessments, and reviews of the contracts, privacy policies, and terms of service with vendors
- Create and manage policies and procedures to document internally the decision to collect, use, Delete, disclose, or provide access to, each type of PII.
- Support the drafting, implementation and auditing of personal identifying data policies.
- Design and implement a process to review proposed vendors and audit existing vendors for safeguards around personal information.
- CIPP Certification is a plus
- JD (or non-US equivalent) preferred position
- The ability to succeed in a fast-paced and tech forward environment
- Project management skills, with keen attention to detail
- Experience organizing information and contract review using software and systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software), Atlassisan products, OneTrust, Google Suite, and Figma
- 2+ years of previous privacy review experience
- 2+ years of experience reviewing regulatory guidance
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- A knack for communicating legal concepts with simplicity and clarity
- A self-starter approach as well as a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Unquestioned, unshakeable respect for people, and the ability to approach all interpersonal interactions with dignity and fairness
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks program
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day
The base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $180,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2022. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
At BetterHelp we thrive on difference and individuality, and as part of the Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental status, disability, or Veteran status.