Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.This is the opportunity to get in early with a stealth project currently developing in Lucid Motors.The team will discover and deliver capabilities for the future of how we engage with technology and people, through the unparalleled scale of Lucid’s data platform.The Role:
Lucid Motors Design is looking for an outstanding UI/UX Designer to design a new customer facing product. This role will also be responsible for designing internal facing components of an existing tool. Overall, this designer will be responsible for multiple products throughout the Cloud Team’s area of responsibility. This UI/UX Designer will be responsible for researching, designing, innovating, and prototyping new user experiences that pave the way for the future of our energy products & vehicles in a way that has never been done before. This product will leverage our data focused infrastructure to provide a more enhanced way for our customers to enjoy their Lucid vehicles. This role will also be responsible for internal enterprise tools that manage Lucid fleets and internal cloud systems. They will collaborate with sales, delivery operations, product owners, designers, engineers, and project managers. Deliverables include design mockups, experience flows, prototyping, design presentations, production of visual assets, process design and development, and follow up for proper implementation. The candidate should understand business requirements, analyze technical limitations, perceive, and conduct research on user behavior, and translate them into user stories, user journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, creative problem-solving, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principles. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, attention to the smallest of details, ability to optimize complex information architecture and to work with and simplify complex business rules. You will be working on the most advanced vehicle and energy solutions in existence both today and tomorrow.
- Research and define UX/UI strategy for enterprise segments and different customer types both internal and customer facing
- Imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive UX/UI design projects from system assessment, problem definition to concept to implementation
- Develop creative and innovative design solutions for internal tools and mobile app experiences that support multiple types of users in different types of roles with varying scope and objectives
- Constantly measure how designs are performing for target customers. Iterate and improve those experiences as needed. Influences team roadmaps to include experience improvements when the design or product is not performing or needs improvement.
- 10+ years’ work experience advocating for, creating, and building and world-class experiences for web, app, kiosk, or other non-computer digital devices.
- 10+ years’ experience in Adobe CC, Figma and other design tools.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UI/UX and visual design work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling. Evidence of exceptional design ability is a must.
- Ability to prototype in Keynote, Figma, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Evidence of solving large scale problems for customers. Ability to take complex concepts and simplify them for the customer in the form or elegant experiences.
- Experienced at facilitation and collaborative problem-solving techniques to drive team alignment on charter and goals, ideation, experimentation, innovation, and great user experiences.
- Ability to define a user experience vision for enterprise businesses and inspire others to execute against that vision
- Knowledge of global design best practices and working for international companies a plus
- Understanding of front-end web and mobile technologies such as CSS/HTML and general understanding of technologies that are required to build out experiences. Partnering well with technology is a must.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high stress iterative design process under minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes, and wireframes.
- Experienced and comfortable with presenting work to executives and large groups. Strong ability to communicate complicated concepts and bring clarity to stakeholders and team members.
- Excellent command of user experience, design principles, problem-framing skills, and beautiful visual design skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique. Proven track record as an expert in design who can collaborate well with other functions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree including one of the following: Design, Web Design, Interaction Design, UI/UX Design, Service Design, Information Architecture, HCI, Human Factors, or a portfolio that shows equivalent project experience.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies
: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.