Principal Engineer- UIP Mobile
Working at AtlassianAtlassians have flexibility in where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.Our office is in Bengaluru, but we offer flexibility for eligible candidates to work remotely across India. Whatever your preference—working from home, an office, or in between— you can choose the place that's best for your work and your lifestyleMore about usWe are the UI Platform Developer Experience team. Atlassian is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to design, develop and enable our Mobile UI Platform team to deliver product capabilities fasters and build better experiences.Your daily work will help our fellow Atlassian Mobile engineers work more productively, deliver effortlessly, and your decisions will improve Atlassian’s overall product quality.We’re looking for passionate engineers interested in building and maintaining core Mobile infrastructure, components and tooling. Someone who cares about customer feedback (our customers are Atlassian engineers) and strives for the best developer experience.
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- DevEx group builds tools used across the Mobile Development lifecycle which is used by hundred of Mobile engineers daily to ship high-quality work productively. You'll contribute to a core piece of the Atlassian developer experience and touch every aspect of the development lifecycle ranging from faster development environments, code integrations, improving developer experience, ensuring high code quality, Mobile Design Systems and more.
- Our team plays a crucial role in the Atlassian platform and developer productivity strategy. You will build guidelines, setting standards and toolings to be applied to the iOS/Android code and changes done at scale.
- You will lead the development of mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop high-quality mobile applications.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation for mobile applications, conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- You will mentor and coach junior team members. Your background:
- Proficiency in Swift, Objective-C, Java, and Kotlin
- Strong understanding of Xcode toolset, compilation process, GCD & Networking, modularisation.
- Experience with Xcode/Android Studio, Git, and other development tools.
- Experience debugging problems across systems/repositories and designing solutions that scale and span the whole stack.
- System mindset that considers edge cases, observability, error handling, and integration across external systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years of experience in mobile application development
- Strong understanding of mobile application architecture and design patterns
- Experience with mobile application testing and debugging
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
If you've got these skills, even better
- Experience working on Mobile Platform teams.
- Bundling and CI-CD experience.
- Package managers and relevant tooling.
- Bash/shell script experience.
- React Native exposure.
- Knowledge of open-source libraries and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building)
- Some industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)