Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer, Public Sector
Austin, United States•AustinTexasUnited StatesNorth America•June 10, 2023
Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.This is a fully remote position and to help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the United States.Atlassian is looking for a kick @$$ Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer for our Public Sector team that’s passionate about being a product expert in the sales cycle, solving our largest customer’s most complex business problems with our solutions, and helping close enterprise deals. Interested? Read on!We’re looking for a dynamic team member with a go-getter attitude who will learn from and teach our passionate and growing organization. In this role, you'll report to our Senior Manager for Public Sector SE's. On paper, you have 5+ years of experience working with enterprise customers in a pre-sales capacity. You have excellent communication, strong presentation skills to multi-level audiences, and unmatched agility to do what it takes to get the job done. You’re a creative problem solver who can interpret complex business problems, boil them down into solutions, and collaborate with prospects, partners, and the Atlassian sales team to deliver compelling value-based solutions. You’re equally comfortable 'working with executives or talking shop with strong technical audiences in both a business and technical context. You love to learn and challenge yourself, are open to giving and receiving feedback, tolerate failure, and are passionate about making customers and Atlassian successful. If you want to be a cog in the system, this job isn’t for you.
In This Job, You Will:
- Partner with the public sector sales team to participate in customer discovery to understand the customer's current state, what business problems they want to solve, and map back to the Atlassian solutions that will get them where they want to be
- Probe for and identify additional opportunities for cross-product/solution expansion
- investigate, discover, and assess client pain points
- Be a product expert of Atlassian software in the pre-sales process, explaining and showing the customer the value of the software and how it can transform their ways of working.
- Have a broad understanding of full Atlassian product and solution offerings and paints a compelling story of how they work together to unlock the power of teams
- Lead compelling value-based demonstrations, both standard and customized.
- Understand and guide the customer's technical needs in the sales process to gain buy-in from the customer on the power of Atlassian software and how to achieve the most benefit from the products.
- Proactively forge strong partnerships with assigned sales counterparts, regularly discussing current and upcoming opportunities and needs, bi-directional feedback on recent engagements, and ways to improve the selling cycle together.
- Understand, track, and document product feedback and competitive intelligence from customers and advocating for the development internally by documenting and sharing with product management
In addition to the above you should be familiar with the following:
- Federal IT security guidelines including FedRAMP and the ATO process for self-managed solutions.
- Experience working for the Federal government or a Federal Systems Integrator (FSI) on a federal contract.
- You have experience with a federal program, either as a practitioner or leader, using DevOps methodologies, or have been part of (or lead) a DevOps transformation within government.
- Experience providing service delivery (ESM or ITSM) is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the Federal procurement process is a bonus.
- Must be based in the United States and be willing to travel up to 25% of the time for in-person meetings with our clients.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in AustinCyber Security Jobs in TexasCyber Security Jobs in United StatesCyber Security Jobs in North America