Control Risks is looking to hire an experienced Physical Security Specialist to work as an embedded consultant within our client, a large and highly recognisable financial services firm, to provide best in class support to an expanding global physical security program. Under the guidance of a regional leadership team, this mid-level role will see you see you supporting the development and management of all security, safety and crisis management training to colleagues within the Australian business, comprising offices across the country.
This role is being recruited as an initial 12-month fixed-term contract, with strong likelihood of subsequent extension.
Duties will involve:
- Assist with the development and delivery of crisis management exercises such as fire evacuation, bomb threat, natural disasters, and active shooter, etc.
- Support the liaison efforts, between the client's business and the managing agents contracted security personnel to ensure appropriate levels of security and customer service are provided at the colleague and visitor entrance(s) to the office
- Help with the effective delivery and performance of contracted transportation security services which ensure the safety of colleagues to and from the office
- With the Business Continuity team, provide support to ensure all business continuity plans and documentation remain current, and are tested frequently – in accordance with the client's agreed framework
- Help oversee the administration of the CPS enterprise security system(s), ensuring compliance with CPS SOP’s and standards within that location
- Provide support (as required) to any location specific investigation
- Provide support to develop and mature location/regional security metrics, in line with global CPS guidelines for that specific location/sub-region
- Assist in providing monthly and quarterly metrics reports to the regional head of CPS to demonstrate the value/output of the CPS function in this location/sub-region
- Help drive/lead any other risk mitigation initiatives
- Provide support to ensure effective delivery of the regional travel safety and duty of care program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in security relevant field and/or equivalent experience
- 5-6 years of experience in physical security industry
- Experience in corporate security environment for a global company
- Working knowledge of physical security systems and components
- Experience in providing security oversight
- Understanding of crisis communications and operations, using risk management methodologies
- Ability to support tactical (daily) operations
- Results-oriented, with strong delivery focus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with global teams
- Experience with access control and other security systems
- Keen understanding of security standards and how they apply to the role and related responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in conducting basic investigations and fact finding
- Experience with the collection and analysis of threat intelligence
- Capable of discretion when utilizing company policies to determine appropriate action
- Ability to quickly adapt to the external environment and organization
- Availability to work on emergency situations during off-hours and, if necessary, for an extended period of time
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and business acumen
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
- Proficiency in client workspace product suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.