Rackspace Technology is a leading provider of expertise and managed services across all the major public and private cloud technologies. We’ve evolved Fanatical Support to encompass the entire customer journey — providing Fanatical Experience™ from first consultation to daily operations. Our passionate experts combine the power of proactive, always-on service and expertise with best-in-class tools and automation to deliver technology when and how our customers need it.As part of our commitment to our customers, we are dedicated to helping enable creative, automation-based solutions for all sizes of businesses and require an experienced OpenStack Architect to join our EMEA team.You will be working in a dynamic environment and encouraged to come up with innovative solutions to technical problems, analyse and prioritise problems, putting users at the heart of every decision.The ideal candidate for the role will have several years’ experience with OpenStack cloud design and implementation.Your engagements will see you working directly with customers and prospects. You will have confidence in knowing your skills (and limitations), you are calm and collected under pressure and always available to mentor the less experienced. Your colleagues see you as a good team player who is keen to share knowledge as well as to listen and learn from others. You will ideally have proven experience in the production of OpenStack deployments, including large scale deployment and physical integration experience. Travel to a customer-site in Saudi Arabia will be required.
- Very strong experience with Canonical distribution of OpenStack technologies – Ubuntu Server, MAAS, Juju, Charms, LXD, Ceph
- Good understanding of all OpenStack Services - nova, cinder, swift, glance, keystone, and neutron
- Have experience with Canonical’s latest version of OpenStack
- Strong Linux, shell scripting and Networking experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of Charmed Kubernetes and related techonlogies – Landscape, Livepatch
- Experience of deploying Charmed Kubeflow and related techonlogies – Argo workflows, Dex, Jupyter, Pytorch, Tensorflow
- Good understanding of private cloud environments, including vCloud Director is a plus
- Proven experience in building PaaS or private cloud platforms including CI/CD automation, monitoring, log management, telemetry, and database solutions (DBaaS) – Postgresql and MySQL clusters
- Experience of working with Elastic ELK Stack is beneficial
- Experience of DevOps toolsets and principles
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems both independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology/engineering subject
- Analytical thinking and creative problem solving; you will own issues until full resolution
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written – with an ability to create and share project-related documentation
- Producing design documents such as HLDs and LLDs
- Willingness to learn and a quick learner
- Relevant certifications a big plus.#LI-LP2
#LI-LP2#LI-RemoteAbout Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.