Network Systems Engineer
Hutchinson, MN•HutchinsonMinnesotaUnited StatesNorth America•March 22, 2023
Marco is a one-stop shop for all things business tech. Our employees are “movers and shakers” and our company is always striving to do what’s right. Does this sound like a culture you want to be a part of? We’re hiring a new team member to help take Marco’s technology further – working full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. More about us. We do it all – from copy and print solutions to IT and managed services. We are an organization led by salespeople with 650+ engineers ready to fix any and all issues. We have offices in 12 states and service nationally. Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.The Network Systems Engineer is responsible for providing quality services and solutions to our clients while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. You will routinely perform project-based installations and service-based repair calls at client locations and will occasionally assist the Managed Service group. You are responsible for management, administration and integration of products, services, applications and operating level systems code. You will handle responsibilities from basic system installations to the overall architecture.
- Installation, support and maintenance of production networks and systems to completion.
- Integrate and/or consolidate servers and services between different client business units and technologies.
- Integrate and maintain network services including but not limited to switching, routing, firewalls, wireless networks and network security.
- Integrate and maintain high-performance groups of Windows servers for resource-intensive network applications including advanced data center solutions, virtualization and storage.
- Develop and follow Marco best practices and operational procedures and create visual and written documentation.
- Analyze system utilization, perform growth analysis and capacity planning and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Provide on-call support advice and technical support to various users/clients regarding operational/applications issues.
- Install new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms.
- Design archive and backup systems. Work closely with client’s technical staff to ensure that backup and archiving designs and procedures are implemented properly .
- Troubleshoot networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems .
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, client orientated team .
- Maintain parts inventory .
- Accurately maintain documentation and comply with service administrative procedures in a timely basis to include pick tickets, collecting client signatures and time entry.
- Plan and manage service requests independently.
- Consistently maintain a revenue-to-wage ratio of 2.5 or above.
- Attend required company and departmental meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and six years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current high level industry recognized certifications including one or more of the following: CCNA/Specialization, MCSE, EMC-PE, EMC-IE, CCP, VCP, BCNE, Voice Application Certifications (MSL, SRC, MAS, MBG, UCM, MCA or NPM), Voicemail Platforms, Call Recording or ATP Flex Network.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of personal insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Solid understanding of routing and switching.
- Proficiency with business collaboration tools such as MS Office applications and Visio.
- Communication – Must possess strong communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Commitment - This is needed to see a project or task from start to finish. Showing that you are a hard worker and committed to your job and improving yourself shows you can take something on and finish it.
- Initiative - Being able to demonstrate that you can handle problems on your own and deal with them. Not waiting to be told what to do when you see a problem. If you can’t solve it yourself go find someone who can.
- Confidence - When you are assured of your own ability it shows you may need assistance for the tough situations that can arise.
- Team Work - The ability to work with others on a combined task, make contributions to the task and share the responsibility of the outcome.
- Time Management - Your ability to prioritize several tasks and keep them running simultaneously (multitasking). Also being able to recognize and respond to changing priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm - You need to be able to motivate yourself..
- Flexibility – Adapt to changes in the work environment. Change approach or method to best fit the situation..
- Current CCNP certification and general IT knowledge of virtualization, network systems and SAN technology preferred.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in HutchinsonCyber Security Jobs in MinnesotaCyber Security Jobs in United StatesCyber Security Jobs in North America