Network Engineer I - 3rd Shift
Job Summary: The Network Operations Network Engineer I is a key element within the Rackspace Infrastructure team and is expected to provide a high level of technical expertise to ensure the uptime and maintenance of critical networking systems. Work Location: Remote
- Own complex network issues and ensure they are resolved and/or successfully documented and handed off to an oncoming shift.
- Responsible for network monitoring of hardware failures and configuration issues. Provides initial acknowledgement, investigation, and resolution of network events.
- Monitor the Rackspace network at all levels, from top of rack to edge, using various tools and communicates and resolve issues identified or escalate them to the appropriate level.
- Respond to issues escalated to Network Operations via tickets and phone calls from internal customers and is expected to engage directly with external customers via public ticket comments and phone conversations to ensure problem resolution.
- Mitigate DDoS attacks.
- Identify and resolve switch and router hardware and software failures.
- Identifying and resolve configuration inconsistencies.
- Conduct maintenance to ensure standardization and uptime.
- Manage Internet providers and connectivity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 18 months of recent networking experience in a command-line oriented environment.
- Minimum of 12 months of experience in a customer service role.
- CCNA-level aptitude Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life