XOR Security is currently seeking a Mid level SOC Analyst to support a managed virtual SOC for various customers. The program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. VSOC Analysts will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the CND operational mission for multiple entities. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from various cyber threats. To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. A strong work ethic, diligent time and attendance, written and verbal communications skills are a must along with the ability to work night shifts. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management. While the position is primarily remote, candidates that live within the Washington DC Metro region are strongly preferred as the operation in Falls Church, VA or customer site visits may be required.
Monday - Friday - Regular Business Hours
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in network defense environments.
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events from host and network event sources e.g. windows event logs, AV, EDR, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Ability to support coverage requirements for various shifts during holidays and weekends when required.
- One or more certifications for CND Analysts: GCIA, GCED, GCFA, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, ECSA, CHFI, CISSP, Security+, Network+, CEH, CND.
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies, such as: Splunk (including Core and ES), ArcSight, Elastic Search, IBM QRadar, Cisco FirePower, Carbon Black, FireEye (HX, NX, EX), Crowdstrike Falcon, Tanium.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance RequirementApplicants selected may be subject to one or more government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.