KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and develop, KPMG is a trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.Our actuarial and insurance risk team works closely with our actuarial team in Australia and has access to skills and solutions within the wider KPMG international actuarial network. We also often work on multi-skilled engagements with our other consulting and audit colleagues.This role will work closely with members of our Consulting & Audit teams - who supply advisory, consulting and audit services respectively across New Zealand. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Our service offering and client portfolio provides an exciting and challenging environment.
- We’re looking for energetic qualified actuaries to join our newly formed local Actuarial & Insurance Risk team. Depending on the candidates interests and experience, we will offer the opportunity to work on a wide range of engagements across the general insurance, life, health, risk management and government sectors.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of projects stretching across different functional areas within the traditional insurance landscape, allowing you to broaden your understanding of insurance operations.
- Depending on your interests, you will also have the opportunity to broaden your expertise through a range of interesting projects across the financial sector, potentially outside of traditional actuarial work, including across our Advisory team and supported by experienced colleagues from around the KPMG network.
- We’re looking for candidates who are energised by using their analytical abilities to solve diverse client challenges. You may come from a consulting or corporate background, and if you have been working in either general insurance or life insurance, we want to hear from you!
Day to day you will:
- Depending on your experience and skills across a variety of actuarial fields, your day-to-day activity could include any number of activities such as, but not limited to:
- Involvement in IFRS 17 engagements and transition work, assisting clients in understanding the impacts of various policy decisions.
- Traditional actuarial modelling and valuation work, from a variety of perspectives such as financial reporting, remediation, due diligence or external audit.
- Assisting clients in formulating an approach to climate risk management, modelling and reporting.
- Assisting clients in transforming and enhancing existing actuarial and risk management reporting and processes to increase operational efficiencies.
- Reinsurance and capital optimisation and modelling.
- Involvement in a diverse range of client engagements where your specific sector knowledge and analytical skill set can be used to enhance our wider KPMG client offering.
What you'll bring to our team:
Life at KPMG
- Qualified actuary with experience in either general or life insurance.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and managing multiple tasks.
- Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to engage with clients and senior leaders.
- Proven project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals.
- Relevant actuarial experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment.
- Curiosity and flexibility to explore new approaches.
- Confident and credible in taking the lead in client interactions and in building market profile.
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu jabs, subsidised sporting events, access to EAP, additional leave to support you if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, access to e-bikes and other facilities. You will also have access to our Wellbeing@KPMG portal which has an extensive array of health and wellness advice. — Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance as well as access to technology to get your 'home hub' set up.— Work from Overseas policy – extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers— Unlimited access to digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.— Corporate discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.— Time off for volunteering. — Eligibility to our annual discretionary bonus scheme. — Opportunities for local and international secondments. We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.