Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end users love and organizations trust.We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,500 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: https://www.jamf.com/careers.Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose an assigned desk, a shared desk, or connect remote from your home office.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
The Manager of Security Operations will provide leadership for our US Security Operations group. This team is responsible for security for our Jamf platform as a whole. This ranges from our secure configuration and hardening standards, vulnerability management, ownership of life cycle management for our infrastructure, network layer security, data security, incident management responsibilities, and closely collaborating with our Software Engineering organization.
The Manager, Security Operations will ensure their teams are aware of and understand the what, the how, and the why of current priorities. The Manager should have a record of helping teams develop subject matter expertise and to grow professionally.
- Drives metrics, reporting, visibility and improvements to our cloud hosted environment.
- Collaborates and coordinates the collection of compliance evidence (SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP)
- Helps lead the team members responsible for aligning NIST 800-53 best practices
- Improves our Premium Cloud services and customer communication
- Helps build additional 7/24/365 service capabilities in supporting the security of our Jamf platform of services.
- Reduces risks to Cloud Customer environments by ensuring Vulnerability patching is planned, reported and remediated.
- Drives further improvements in the area including analysis, understanding and improvements to customer application patching levels.
- Proactively plans and executes on 3rd party release dependencies
- Deliver quality services and ensures teams are using KPI’s and complying with SLA’s
- Measures team capacity for work, provides recommendations for efficiencies and headcount planning.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self-education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Serve as a point of escalation for customers and Cloud & Delivery teams
- Works with global C&D leadership to develop schedules and ensures global coverage for on call rotations, weekend staffing and maintenance activities.
- Reviews and revises project work plans as needed to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes existing workflows and practices for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs key people management responsibilities including hiring, on boarding, developing, and supervising team along with conducting performance appraisals and coaching for performance and career growth.
- Mentors other Cloud Managers and Supervisors on Management practices, employee development, career growth and other disciplines
- Actively collaborates with the cloud leadership team to solve problems and improve the function of the operations organization.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Security, Engineering, or Technology roles demonstrating progressive knowledge and growth in responsibilities (Required)
- Minimum of 2 or more years previous management experience (Required)
- General Experience with Mac OS X and iOS platforms (Preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year working in an Agile environment (Preferred)
- Jamf product knowledge (Preferred, we will happily provide this training!)
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
Education & Certifications:
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Required)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: Amazon Web Services (AWS) certifications such as Solutions Architect, Developer, and/or SysOps Administrator are helpful. If you don’t have them don’t worry, we’ll help you become certified
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Recently named a Best Workplace in Technology, Fortune Magazine 2021.
- We know that big ideas can come from anyone, so we empower everyone to make an impact. Our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 50,000 global customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Our volunteer time off allows employees to support and give back to our communities.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world
You are the right kind of Jamf if:You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who just wants to do the right thing.Why Jamf?Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We strive to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities. In the spirit of our values of selflessness and relentless self-improvement, we seek to learn, engage, and grow. We better ourselves for the betterment of others. All voices are critical to the innovative and collaborative work that we do. It is important that all of our Jamfs feel comfortable being their truest selves at work. Be your best self, and let your individuality shine at Jamf!Get social with us: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook or follow the conversation at #OneJamf