Junior IT Support Specialist
Australia - Sydney•AustraliaOceaniaSydneyNew South WalesAustraliaOceania•March 22, 2023
The Junior IT Support Specialist will provide customer support and manage the hardware and software of our data centre. This is a junior position for someone who has a passion for customer support and technology, with the willingness to learn about networking and technical support. You will have experience in a customer service role, ideally IT related or you may have completed studies in IT. The successful candidate will spend their first 2-4 months training with and shadowing our staff in order to learn the role responsibilities.Our main Data Centre is located at Erskine Park, with one other in Alexandria, hence candidates will require reliable transportation. This role requires shiftwork (rotated equally within the team, and fairly compensated for) so all applicants need to be available and comfortable with this work structure. Full Australian working rights through permanent residency or citizenship are required for this position.
- Previous experience in a customer service-oriented position.
- Previous experience in an IT related position such as technical support, computer technician or similar is desirable.
- Any knowledge of systems, networks and troubleshooting is ideal.
- Completion of any IT related studies is desirable.
- Must be able to prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills, type with proficiency and exhibit professional phone etiquette.
- Must be able to lift servers and various other hardware (up to 20kgs) without assistance.
- Must have reliable transportation. Willing to occasionally travel to other DC's within Sydney as required.
- Must be able to work shift work covering a 24x7x365 roster, including public holidays and weekends.
Success in the role requires the following personal qualities:
- Effective Communicator
- Team Player
- Welcomes Feedback
- Ability to Identify Problems
- Utilize custom monitoring software and internal ticketing system to provide customer support.
- Identify and troubleshoot simple hardware failures on servers, including the replacement of failed hardware components.
- Troubleshoot Operating system storage issues including file system, disk management and RAID technologies.
- Support Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, Ubuntu Linux or VMWare ESX Server.
- Simple operating systems administration to include troubleshooting of login, password and connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot simple local area network (LAN) connectivity issues and re-establish remote access to customer configurations utilizing SSH, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services or Remote Access Controllers.
- Complete troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of network device hardware including access and aggregation switches, firewalls, load-balancers and security appliances.
- Complete troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of storage devices including DAS and NAS arrays.
- Complete customer configuration maintenances including hardware modification, operating system installation, mounting of the devices within cabinets and completion of all cabling needs required.
- Troubleshoot copper and fiber cabling including initial installation testing as well as connectivity issues with previously deployed copper or fiber cabling.
- Provide technical communication relating to customer configurations in a concise, professional manner.
- Adhere to company security policies and procedures, including health and safety and local governing requirements as directed.
- Communicate in an honest, transparent manner focused on building trust amongst customers and coworkers.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in AustraliaCyber Security Jobs in OceaniaCyber Security Jobs in SydneyCyber Security Jobs in New South WalesCyber Security Jobs in AustraliaCyber Security Jobs in Oceania