Katowice, Poland•KatowiceSilesian VoivodeshipPolandEurope•June 9, 2023
Streaming live events brings unique challenges, as millions of fans join our broadcasts in a short space of time. We are looking for a backend engineer who is passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform and pushes the boundaries on playback excellence. We give you the autonomy over the software you build and freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take ownership of the system. YOUR TEAM The services owned by this team provide our front-end clients with all the information needed to successfully play content on the device of their choice, protect our intellectual property from piracy, and monitor the customer playback experience; ultimately helping to drive the roadmap for improvement at DAZN. The Playback team, known internally as the ‘Goats, consists of very positive people that are a high performing, autonomous and are always open for helping others. This role can be based in Katowice or you can work in a Hybrid basis.
As our new Software Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Build and maintain scalable microservices.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience.
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business.
- Evolve and design the services that power and monitor our video streaming.
- Partner with the other Software Engineering teams to create end to end solutions.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with GIT.
- Writing unit/integration tests (understanding its value).
- Very good communication skills with people at all seniority levels (English required).
Even better if you have:
- Technical understanding of video encoding, DRM, Video Playback.
- Experience with cloud and/or microservices (preferred AWS).
- Experience with REST API.
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery experience.
- Worked in a “Build it, own it” model.
- Infrastructure as code.
- Service Monitoring.
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Tax incentive
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in KatowiceCyber Security Jobs in Silesian VoivodeshipCyber Security Jobs in PolandCyber Security Jobs in Europe