Intern, Security Engineer
What you’ll do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning…
At Abarca company culture centers around embracing a growth mindset, theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging all to bring their best each day! Our Interns/Coops work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across Abarca Health, while having fun along the way. You'll be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. The Internship & Coop programs are designed to encourage bringing solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology, while experiencing our culture of community. In this role you will be part of the Information Technology Security Engineering team where you will be immersed in the world of healthcare technology, which impact millions of lives.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Each internship will have a unique set of project scope and qualifications, which are based on the business initiatives. You will be working on projects in conjunction with Abarca’s Information Technology Security Engineering team.
- Monitor Security Systems that support company-wide efforts to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our critical information assets. Respond to event alerts, establish the forensic trail, and prevent any suspicious activity from escalating.
- Oversee end-user security solutions, devices, products, and signature updates
- Provide support for all Vulnerability Management Responsibilities, which may include periodic scans as well as patch package creation for deployment by the Infrastructure Team. Develop service tickets, attending meetings to collaborate with other operations teams.
- You may be able to write an article on a security topic to be shared with all Abarcan’s to showcase your internship project.
- Follow and execute directives issued by cybersecurity management and senior employees.
- Support day-to-day activities performed by the cybersecurity team.
- Learn to manage tools and solutions implemented throughout the organization.
- Work with senior members of the team to learn basic first-line threat assessment and response tasks and progress toward independence after proving competence.
- Execute tasks requested by cybersecurity team members, such as analysis, investigation, reporting and maintenance of general cybersecurity upkeep.
- Assist in supporting SOC, IR and security networking teams.
- Monitor dashboards and event logs with escalation to members of the cybersecurity team.
- Attain proven proficiency with cybersecurity tools and perform front-end troubleshooting and general triage.
- Read daily cybersecurity resources to stay current on security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Actively participate with team in mock threat exercises to strengthen skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we expect of you
The bold requirements…
- Current and active student (Junior or Senior year) and enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security Engineering, Cyber Security or related field.
- Exposure to Antivirus, Firewalls, IPS, SIEM, Azure Protection, or Vulnerability Assessment Tools.
- Bonus points for Knowledge of the Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit Management industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- We are proud to offer a flexible hybrid work model which will require certain on-site work days (Puerto Rico Location Only)
Nice to have…
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not sponsor employment visas at this time”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.