Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
STR has an exciting opportunity for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) with an active TOP Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI clearance that will be responsible for information system cybersecurity posture and support. In this dynamic position you will interface and collaborate with other Cybersecurity professionals, Security professionals, System Administrators, and engineering community, on compliance and configuration change management.
- Support the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) in maintaining Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for several classified systems adhering to the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Assist the ISSM in monitoring/resolving Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) items and by performing periodic self-inspections, tests, and reviews of information systems to ensure that workstations/servers are operating as authorized/accredited
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation such as: System Security Plan (SSP), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), etc
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of assigned information systems
- Ensure audit records and event logs are collected, reviewed, and documented
- Work with program personnel to include System Administrators to ensure audit functions are operating properly
- Perform security sustainment activities including (but not limited to): hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc
- Perform other tasks as assigned by manager/supervisor
- Active TOP SECRET security clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI clearance
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience as an ISSO implementing and maintaining the following information system requirements: NISPOM Chapter 8, DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), and/or RMF
- DoD 8570 IAM Level I certification (Security+ CE) or the ability to obtain within 6 months upon being hired
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical safeguards, and operational security measures
- Experience with Windows/Linux or similar operating environments
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities
- Strong communication skills
STR is a growing technology company with locations near Boston, MA, Arlington, VA, near Dayton, OH, Melbourne, FL, and Carlsbad, CA. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security in: cyber; next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare; and artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, and we go home at night knowing that we pushed the envelope of technology and made the world safer.
STR is not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe! Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.