CSA + Capstone is currently seeking a self-motivated Information Systems Security Analyst to join our internal IT team to support company IT operations. This position is located remotely in the Washington DC metro area but may require occasional travel to office locations in Pennsylvania, Virginia (Hampton Roads), New Jersey, and California. The successful candidate should be technical, customer service oriented, and enthusiastic with respect to the nature of work. This position will operate as part of a greater IT team supporting operations to our employee base.
- Provides support for administrative requirements to include formal and informal security documentation.
- Research security enhancements, stay abreast of security trends and best practices.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging security threats and how to prepare of the mitigation of such threats if applicable in CSA’s infrastructure.
- Promote and take part in the organization wide effort to main compliance with NIST, CMMC and ISO methodologies.
- Where appropriate, offer expertise in fine turning systems alerts to reduce administrative burden and increase efficiencies/prioritization.
- Identify, assess, and advise on cybersecurity control compliance and associated insider/user alerts and risks.
- Ensure logs are collected from systems and devices across the organization into the existing SIEM for analysis and review.
- Identify and integrate data sources that contribute to the SIEM and transform them into measurable and actionable tasks to contribute to the overall security and performance of the ISMS.
- Monitoring and managing the health and performance of SIEM platform. This includes the closure of resolved alerts and escalation of others as needed.
- Examine reports on phishing simulations, follow up communication and reporting to Leadership and other functional areas.
- Support the ISMS by scheduling and participating in tabletop incident response exercises, conducting investigations into security incidents following defined Incident Response procedures.
- Work hand in hand with the SMS to maintain updated documentation and change logs for all supported equipment (hardware and software) in the environment.
- Assist with the delivery of quarterly reports to ensure all accounts and endpoints are current and active.
- Supports security testing and analysis of Information to evaluate the efficacy of security policies utilizing IT applications and resources in place.
- Support the implementation/installation of security measures and software to protect systems and information infrastructure including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Conduct risk analyses from vulnerability, compliance scans, or other audit activity.
- Work collaboratively with the IT Team, partners, and external suppliers, to ensure the organization's security systems are up to date, documented, and implement plans and execute assigned security-related tasks.
- Fundamental awareness of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
- Understanding and appreciation for information security within systems and user devices and corresponding frameworks that pertain to safeguarding classified and proprietary information, information security posture and controls (i.e. CMMC, NIST 800-171, ISO 27002)
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, communication (written and verbal) and documentation skills.
- Superior time management and analytical skills.
- Administrative level experience in areas of M365 including but not limited to: Azure AAD/ATP, Security, Compliance, Endpoint Manager, MS Defender.
- Evidence of being detail oriented with strong critical thinking in areas of IT process analysis/ process improvement.
- Foundational knowledge in Data Loss Protection and Privileged Access Management.
- IT Project Management experience supporting an SMS or ISMS.
- Security Operations experience with operating systems, or cloud infrastructures and services.
- Experience with implementation of system integrations or API’s relative to MFA, VPN, and Azure or AWS hosted services.
- Experience creating and fine-tuning SIEM content such as correlation rules, reports, dashboards, filters, channels, and integrating threat intelligence to improve accuracy and visibility to potential threats and alerts.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or another IT-related field. 4 years related experience can be substituted for a degree.
Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if required.
- US Citizen
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Travel demands may include local and long-distance travel to and from CSA sites.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- May be required to lift to 50 pounds at times.
The likely salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather; salary will be based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall out of this range.This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status. WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career. We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers. Be a part of CSA… do great things!CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.Federal Equal Opportunity is the LawFederal Employee Rights under FMLAFederal Employee Polygraph Protection ActE-Verify Participation Poster (uscis.gov)If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.