Information System Security Officer (ISSO) TS/SCI clearance
Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 1095
The candidate must be an accomplished Information System Security Officer (ISSO) professional with the experience and understanding of information technology and information security, ability to prioritize tasks, and coordinate between multiple constituents while ensuring the information systems remain accredited by meeting the stipulations of each information systems Authority to Operate (ATO). The candidate must have a prove record of effectively managing small teams and projects to successful completion in a complex environment. Special Access Program (SAP) clearance is required for this role.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Serve as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), coordinating, executing, and managing cybersecurity assessment & authorization (A&A) related activities supporting IT hardware, software, and connectivity capabilities in support of intelligence data management and analysis requirements
- Provide advice and assistance on all things cyber security for customer-acquired development and systems maintenance projects, driving and monitoring system authorization status of segment components, authoring and coordinating related documentation
- Facilitate, perform, and manage actions necessary to maintain system and capability accreditation status consistent with DoDI 8510.01 (Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)), including scanning, auditing, and authoring/coordinating security accreditation-related documentation
- Review and advise on security aspects of contracted maintenance deliverables and proposals
- Present system maintenance, authorization status, and potential issues to various intelligence and acquisition community audiences
- Keep ISSM and customer team aware of any roadblocks, issues, or concerns with system authorization status
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have an Active TS clearance with SCI adjudication and be able to acquire and maintain SAP access
- Possess and maintain qualifying certifications for IAT Level II (Sec+, GSEC, etc)
- At least 5 years of IT/security-related experience
- DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level I/II certification
- Familiarity with cross-domain solutions
- At least 3 years experience working with DoDI 8510.01 and NIST SP 800 series security standards and practice framework
- Well-developed understanding of common operating systems (Windows, Linux/Unix, Cisco IOS/NX-OS)
- Practical knowledge of client, server, data storage, and networking technologies
- Familiarity with DevSecOps principles and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Ability to troubleshoot, assess root cause, and resolve technical issues
- Innovative with strong analytical, problem-solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; able to work in a small team environment with minimal direction
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Experience in security policy, process, and standard development
- Open to occasional travel (Less than 20%)
- BS degree in information systems or related technical field
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- 8-10+ years of IT/security-related experience with recent ISSO experience
- Advanced technical and security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CASP, etc)
- Cloud security experience
- Prior experience with software scanning/static code analysis (e.g. Fortify, SonarQube)
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO PolicyRiverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf