Who We Are:At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic. Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?Your Job: Brooks Independent Key Account Sales Representatives are responsible for driving Brooks product sales, strategy and growth within their respective territory designated key accounts in the Northwest. As an Independent Key Account Sales Representative, you will manage all aspects of your business and Brooks’ sales of footwear, apparel, socks, and accessories. This includes managing sell-in and sell-through in the territory for your accounts and achieving strong results against sales goals and marketing strategies for your territory. Brooks’ Independent Sales Representatives are responsible for successfully operating their own business within an assigned territory. Earnings are 100% commission-based with great potential for recurring revenue.
- Work with Brooks sales management to deliver strong seasonal and yearly revenue growth in apparel and footwear.
- Independently develop strategic sales forecasts including footwear, apparel and bra which will deliver against annual revenue goals for each account in your territory.
- Influence external and internal key stakeholders to create seasonal brand and product Go-To-Market (GTM) opportunities.
- Develop backlog goals for footwear, apparel and bras for each of your accounts.
- Define and execute sales programs via grassroots events, including in-store promotions, expos, store running teams, etc. to develop account relationships and drive product sell through
- Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in our business.
- Manage inventory levels and monitor sell through percentages during in season to drive at once business and maintain future orders, while reducing returns.
- Be the expert on your territory and provide field feedback on our products, information on competitor’s products, programs and services, as well as marketplace activities
- Travel includes accounts in assigned territory, with additional travel to attend tradeshows, bi-annual sales meetings, and key account visits to Seattle
- Partner with local Brooks Guru to ensure alignment on revenue and marketing plans for the territory
- BA degree in Sales, Business Management, Marketing or related field
- 5+ years of footwear and apparel sales experience
- Experience managing key/strategic accounts required
- 1+ years of Specialty retail (running) experience preferred
- Experience working in Microsoft Data Cube, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Tableau preferred. Strong understanding of basic MS Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”
- Demonstrate excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Ability to travel 80% in market.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.