We're looking for security conscious engineers
Join our security team and help secure our organization through maintaining, engineering and deploying security solutions. We take industry standard security tools, and apply automation, to ensure our security teams can operate effectively and provide security to the company.
As the expert on our Cybersecurity engineering team, you’ll lead a team of security engineers across various geographic locations such as Hong Kong and Singapore and other remote workers.
- Act as the escalation point for your team, providing expert-level guidance and technical direction
- Schedule work, inspire and motivate the results-driven team to ensure high-quality output and results
- Create training and performance plans for the team
- Lead and develop best practices for the broader security team
- Design, document, and implement complex IT security controls
- Design, implement and lead an effective vulnerability management program
- Design threat model methodology and teach the organization how to properly threat-model
- Lead the creation and implementation of best practice cybersecurity processes and policies
- Create a standard for analyzing log sources from various cloud services and systems, then create a plan to collect those sources
- Liaise with other security team leads to support their engineering efforts
- Creating team annual and quarterly OKRs and consistently measuring and updating the progress toward those goals
- Have excellent leadership and managerial skills, demonstrated ability to develop a team, coaching and mentorship of team members, and be able to make solid business decisions
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development, and system engineering
- Expert knowledge of security controls, audits, and configurations related to:
- Linux, ChromeOS, and macOS
- Hardening across a variety of operating systems and network equipment
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solutions such as Carbon Black
- TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, firewalls, WAF, and web content filtering
- Crypto: PGP, SSH, PKI
- AWS, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts, and tooling such as Terraform
- Security-related development in languages such as: Python, bash, or Golang
What We Offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
- Reports directly to the Head of Cybersecurity
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.
When it comes to hiring processes, “rigorous” and “opaque” are often mistakenly conflated. For us, it’s always a mutual exchange, so we think it’s important that candidates have a clear understanding of the process and what we’re looking for. Learn more about the hiring process by visiting our careers page.
Health and happiness go hand in hand, and we make every effort to support our team members in all facets of their lives—both inside and outside the office. Learn more about our employee benefits by visiting our careers page.
Before you apply
- At the moment, we do not sponsor visas in the UK and the EU. For Hong Kong, we require at least two years of working experience and a university degree in a related field. For Singapore, we can only sponsor visas for mid-career or above.
- Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.
ExpressVPN is one of the world’s leading providers of online privacy and security services for consumers. Started in 2009, we’ve grown to have millions of active paying customers, a team of more than 700 people worldwide, and a brand recognized by hundreds of millions of people in 18 languages and more than a hundred countries. We see huge growth in our industry, and are gaining market share through strong execution.