About the Role
You will be part of the Ethics and Compliance (E&C) Team based in Jakarta, supporting business units operating there (i.e. Gojek, GoToFinance, and Tokopedia). We protect the company's reputation and manage risks related to the GoTo ecosystem that meet regulatory and shareholders' expectations. The E&C team is focused on the regulatory and corporate policy compliance defined within our Code of Conduct. Focusing on executing the internal investigations on a timely basis, in a confidential and professional manner, while working with cross-functional stakeholders. This role works on completing the root causes of the breaches and analyzing what needs improvement, working closely with the Internal Controls & Monitoring team.
What You Will Do
- Carry out the vision and mission of Fraud & Investigations to prevent, detect, and investigate issues of fraud and financial abuse within the company. Promote a zero-tolerance control environment where fraud or noncompliance is unacceptable and difficult to conceal.
- Demonstrate proven ability to work with senior stakeholders, strong investigations competency, and forensic discipline whilst exercising strong leadership and motivating and developing staff with a positive organizational culture.
- Manage escalations, including triage, prioritization, allocation, investigation, and report-out with senior leadership.
- Lead an Investigation Governance Team made up of various internal investigation teams from People & Culture (PAC), Cyber Incident Response Security Team (CIRST), and Workplace Management (WPM), with assistance from Data Privacy Officer and Legal, to drive consistency in the investigation process and oversight on all internal investigation cases for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Intake of confidential complaints and whistleblower reports, including initial witness interviews; risk diagnoses; and memorialization of necessary date, topic, and personnel information in a clear, organized, up-to-date manner.
- Use a variety of diagnostic and forensic technology techniques to help determine key areas of risk and assess how well that risk is managed. Identify, obtain and analyze financial, operational, and other data relevant to the investigation of allegations of misconduct and the assessment of enterprise risks. Prepare work papers to adequately document investigations performed with supporting evidence for all forensic findings.
- Manage case management, updating, and maintaining databases and tracking sheets or case management tools chronicling open investigations, updates, and next steps; labeling and storing documents, data, and other materials obtained during investigations; and scheduling and planning witness interviews.
- Drive data analytics and due diligence for internal investigations purposes, including identifying, requesting, obtaining, reviewing, analyzing, and describing complex financial and operational data; identifying patterns, anomalies, and “red flags;” and creating powerful visuals and graphics for reports and presentations.
What You Will Need
About the Team
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in investigations, forensic, law enforcement, and risk and fraud risk assessment experience
- Possess excellent analytical, written, and oral communications skills, including the ability to synthesize, summarize and communicate important data in an objective and unbiased manner
- Strong leadership and analytical skills, and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to effectively drive collaboration
- Excellent discretion, respect for confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Strong background in intelligence gathering, including familiarity and use of online resources, subscription services, public record checks, and familiarity with current social media and its usage. Proven research, audit, and/or investigation experience, including root cause analysis.
- Expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with data mining software such as ACL, Access, SQL, Business Objects, etc. preferred.
- Must be able to deal effectively with people at all levels of internal and external organizations
The GoTo Ethics and Compliance team reports to the Chief of Risk Officer. Our team’s mission is to ensure that ethical behavior is at the heart of all business activities, through the strong tone at the top and risk-based approach for our corporate compliance program. As an Ethics and Compliance in GoTo, one gets a unique opportunity to gain exposure to other GoTo operating companies group and across operating locations (ie. Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, and India). This is an exciting time to join our family, as we are in the phase of shaping the Ethics & Compliance culture and program at GoTo. Our top two priorities for the coming year include redrafting several policies and procedures to simplify them from a risk-based approach and implementing a compliance governance tool to help standardize our internal processes to help us scale our activities across GoTo. As a team, we are concerned not only with the growth of the company, but also with your personal growth professionally and your well-being, where we invest in your continuous learning and offer a hybrid working arrangement.About Gojek
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'Our Mission:
To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.