Digital Forensics Lab Manager
XOR Security is currently seeking a Digital Forensics Lab Manager to support an Agency-level Focused Operations (FO) team at DHS. The FO program is part of a team that provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the central digital device laboratory and develop and enforce lab best practices. The lab supports multiple aspects of the Agency’s digital forensic analysis of observed or suspected malware samples/evidence and investigates computer security incidents to include insider threat investigations. The Lab Manager will be leading and overseeing all case work related to forensics investigations for a variety of platforms and devices, including networks, file and operating systems, memory, email, and browsers. As these cases and activities may be used as evidence as part of legal proceedings for potential computer crimes, the Lab manager must be highly disciplined in handing and enforcing strict protocols for case management, chain of custody, and reporting.
****Onsite once a week in Springfield,VA
- Manage resources and staff, monitor performance, drive efficiency, motivate and manage professional development as it relates to digital forensics and forensic lab processes.
- Write and maintain laboratory policy documents and procedures for incorporation into the quality management system.
- Work to ensure forensic lab processes and procedures are implemented and adhered to uniformly and comprehensively.
- Manage evidence Intake/Outtake and Evidence Storage.
- Manage overall case load and assist with forensic analysis and reporting of case workload when required.
- Oversee development of staff to ensure all digital forensic analysts perform digital forensics in accordance with policy and best practices.
- Work with the Government to ensure all lab equipment inventories, requirements, and operating standards are maintained, to include current licensing etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Possess at least 5 years of directly relevant experience performing digital forensic analysis with some leadership responsibilities.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required.
- Possess and maintain a digital forensic certification (ex. CFCE, GCFE/A, CHFI)
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools: EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleuthkit
- Knowledge of investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficiency in the latest cyber forensics, response, and reverse engineering skills and understanding of the latest exploit methodologies.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation, and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.