Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a new Design Manager to join our Design Systems team. You will oversee a team of product and content designers who are working on the next evolution of our Atlassian Design System. We are passionate about visual design language, systems thinking, and evolving the maker experience for the thousands of designers and developers across the Atlassian economy.Your Future Team
We are the developers, designers, content designers, researchers and product manager's behind Atlassian's mission to ensure that the design system is the cornerstone of crafting quality interfaces at scale. Our work enables teams to create simple, intuitive, beautiful and harmonious experiences from our self service guidelines, reusable components and platform capabilities. Our design language is the cornerstone of the work done by all designers and developers, allowing our teams to built experiences and our customers to move work forward using familiar components across every product touchpoint.
What you'll do:
- Provide trusted design leadership direction and guidance to your team
- Lead, inspire and ensure high quality delivery of your team's mission with your peers in product and engineering
- You'll coach, mentor and lift the performance and wellbeing of your team
- Identify resourcing gaps and manage the team's workload and commitment
- Improve our culture, ways of working and project delivery processes
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.Our perks & benefits
- Demonstrated experience leading a design team team through individual coaching and building a strategic partnerships with company leaders.
- Worked either on or alongside a Design System where you have shown systems and platform thinking
- You'll have hands-on experience as a product designer - you've been there, you've shipped it
- Experience driving customer-centric outcomes and collaborating across engineering and product teams
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub