Cyber Security L3 Senior Engineer (Hybrid)
Budapest, Hungary•BudapestHungaryEurope•March 19, 2023
Join our Cyber Security Services Team now and be part of our team in Budapest!
Within Citi, the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) is made up of deeply dedicated and talented colleagues who work together to ensure the safety of Citi’s and our clients’ assets and information. We manage information security as an end-to-end program. Our mission is to continually execute and enhance a global security program that is fully anchored to modern control and security frameworks, fully aligned with the technology of the firm, threat-focused and data-driven, and deeply integrated across all Citi businesses globally.
This is an opportunity to work with Global Secrets Management Platforms Team which is part of Citi’s Cyber Security Services. We are responsible for secrets management on-prem and the cloud for several hundred applications across the firm.
We are opening our doors for talented individuals who are passionate about Cyber Security, want to be part of innovation by implementing and driving cutting edge technologies within a world class organization. If you have a strong background in UNIX & Wintel technologies and consider yourself a technology leader with excellent communication skills, have a wide variety of skillset including a firm grasp of operating systems, hands on scripting/programming, networking protocol implementation and various virtualization technologies, then Citi is a place for you to be, as we offer the environment where skills like these can thrive.
As a Cyber Security L3 Senior Engineer you will:
- Manage various franchise critical security application Infrastructure, specifically in secrets/PAM domain.
- Own and drive the deployment (from scratch), maintenance and L3 support of managed applications.
- Collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders/support teams and product vendors to manage all the aspects of the support process.
- Gather product requirements, deploy solutions mapped to business needs and continuously evaluate to stay current with evolving requirements.
- Size and procure the required hardware/software for new deployments and collaborate with various teams like system admin, DBA and others to build the required Infra.
- Facilitate security assessments and remediation to ensure safety and soundness.
- Document the product, process, and train L1/2 teams for BAU support.
- Automate manual tasks and continuously review/upgrade stale processes.
- Provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) support for the managed applications.
- Capacity, Performance and Stability reporting and Management.
- Lead initiative to develop/improve scripts and other programs for system monitoring and maintenance.
- Lead Integration projects and facilitate security assessment and remediation for the infrastructure associated the applications in scope.
- Be responsible to assess the risk and associated impact of all operational issues and change events and react quickly to escalate to technology management in a timely manner when required.
- Continuously keep the Knowledge Share repository up to date.
- 4+ years’ of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or Equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of microservices, API gateways.
- Proficiency in one or more of these scripting languages – Python, Unix Shell, Perl & PowerShell scripting.
- Hands-on experience working with Linux and Windows Servers
- Experience/basic understanding of CHEF, Ansible, CI/CD
- DevOps/DevSecOps/SRE experience
- Experience with Web Service/Application deployment
- Experience interacting with Web APIs using various protocols and framework (E.g. REST)
- Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL databases from application programmer’s perspective. Understanding of how to interface with these databases, analyze & write complex queries/procedures.
- Understanding of containers and associated technologies like Kubernetes/Open Shift.
- Good to Have
- Experience with IAM/PAM/Secrets products will be considered a big plus (e.g. CyberArk, Hashi Corp Vault)
- Any trainings/certifications in Cybersecurity will be considered a plus
- Competitive compensation package with a wide range of benefits:
- Cafeteria Program
- Home Office Allowance - for colleagues working in hybrid and remote work models
- Paid Parental Leave Program - maternity leave and paternity leave
- Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms at our offices
- Pension Plan Contribution to voluntary pension fund
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide variety of learning and development programs, online course libraries and upskilling platforms, such as Udemy and Degreed
- Flexible work arrangements to support colleagues’ in managing work - life balance
- Continuous career progression opportunities across geographies and business lines
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture
- Socially active employee communities with diverse networking opportunities
Apply to join the world’s most global bank and discover the true extent of your capabilities!
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Information Security
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting