Cyber Data Analytics, TS/SCI (Virginia)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
An active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required prior to consideration for this role. Work is 100% onsite.
GPS is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cybersecurity Operations Specialist to perform on our Cybersecurity Data Analysis Services team in Saint Louis, MO or Springfield VA.
The team member shall provide cybersecurity data analysis services, which designs, develops, builds, tests, configures, employs, operates, integrates, sustains, and refreshes the Security Information Events Management (SIEM) system’s, log aggregation platform, and reputation management services. This includes the onboarding of all new and existing IT resources, and ensuring the correct routing of all audit and security events to mission partners.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Provide all preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure consistent, reliable, and secure service availability. This includes all actions required to return the service to full operational capability such as vendor RMA processes, removal and proper disposal of broken equipment/software, installation and testing of new equipment/software, and configuration of new equipment/software
- Maintain system availability and reliability with required SLA
- Detect and ticket degradations (volume/velocity) of all SIEM data flows within required SLA of the start of the degradation
- Perform day-to-day maintenance, and specific scheduled maintenance activities that result from manufacturers recommended service intervals, alerts, bulletins, available patches, and updates according to agency approved change management processes. This includes maintaining updated documentation, change logs, and service bulletin libraries for all supported equipment and software in the CSOC knowledge management platform
- Execute emergency maintenance actions with sufficient urgency to preclude unacceptable outage durations,
More About the Role
- Perform all development, engineering, testing, integration, and implementation actions necessary for major vendor revisions
- Perform continuous engineering assessments to improve the performance, effectiveness, coverage, and maturity of this service.
- Configure all assets assigned to this service within the Government Furnished Information - Software Tools list in accordance with all Federal, DoD, IC, and NGA laws, directives, orders, policies, guidance, procedures etc.
- Perform all development, design, engineering, testing, integration, and implementation actions needed for the total integration and interoperability between all applicable assets in the Government Furnished Information - Software Tools list. This includes ensuing all data flows are properly parsed for ingestion/transmission to internal and external automated reporting systems (e.g. JFHQ DoDIN – Joint Incident Management System, DoD CIO – DoD Scorecard/Get to Green reporting, IC CIO – Cybersecurity Performance Evaluation Model reporting, etc.)
- Utilize agency approved ticketing systems to document, track, assign, update, and coordinate all engineering, integration, configuration, and maintenance actions
Use various monitoring, analysis, and visualization tools to track effectiveness, status, performance metrics, and other information as needed or required by Government staff and contractors assigned Cybersecurity Operations Services and Cybersecurity Readiness Services
Skills needed for success
- Midlevel to advanced Linux administration experience (RHEL preferred)
- SIEM experience with one of the following ArcSight, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Event Broker, User Behavioral Analysis (UBA)
- Creating alerting rules
- Proficient in manipulating SIEM filters to better find and analyze potential malicious/atypical activity and reduce false positives
- Tuning and aggregation of queries and filters
- Skilled in troubleshooting event flow through an Enterprise Audit infrastructure
- Skilled in troubleshooting event format and parsing for ingest into data storage and into SIEM tools
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II and CSSP Infrastructure Support certifications
- Experience with SIEM and Development Projects
- Experience with SIEM support for projects and technical exchange meetings
Additional Qualifications a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise audit projects
- Creation of ArcSight rules based on use cases of malicious events
- Experience with content development within ArcSight and Kibana to facilitate Cyber Analysts ability to investigate malicious events
- Data Analytics
We use Greenhouse Software as our applicant tracking system and Free Busy for HR screen request scheduling. At times, your email may block our communication with you. Please be sure to check your SPAM folder so that you don't miss updates on your application.
Why GuidePoint?GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 800 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,500 customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.Some added perks….
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions, working on-site may be required for Federal positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical premiums (employee only $0 deductible and HSA plans) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 100% employer-paid dental premiums (employee only) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 12 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Pet Benefit Option