Compliance & Enterprise Risk Program Manager EU/UK
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About The Role: We are looking for a Compliance and Enterprise Risk Program Manager to continue to develop and scale the Compliance and Risk program for Remitly’s European Union and United Kingdom programs. In this role, you will help to develop risk identification and measurement tools as well as the deployment of risk management tools and practices. You will help to lead risk and compliance expertise around EU regulatory issues, including safeguarding.
You will be responsible for helping the organization mitigate risks arising from internal processes, people, and systems. They will investigate the procedures/processes within the organization, appropriately document these activities and identify appropriate controls and risk mitigants. You will be responsible for carrying out reviews and evaluating new processes or revised processes to ensure the appropriate risk management oversight and infrastructure exist to measure, monitor, and control such risks. You will help to initiate and manage the annual risk assessment process resulting in the establishment and/or revision of Remitly’s highest risks and opportunities that could impair and/or advance the achievement of the Company's mission, vision, and strategic goals.
This role informs business leaders and their teams on the risks associated with various initiatives such as products, growth in jurisdictions, Responsible for helping to manage and organize the continuous enterprise risk assessment process, including ongoing gathering of risk data, maintaining the enterprise risk universe and reporting to key stakeholders. Develop executive dashboards including trending data and emerging enterprise risks. Develop and maintain policy and procedural documents as well as training materials for items related to enterprise risk management.
- Help manage and set strategy for the Europe and UK Compliance and Risk Management team and maintain a strong theoretical and technical understanding of third party risk, information technology, privacy rules, safeguarding, information security, applicable regulations, and regulatory guidance
- Advise and liaise with management and staff throughout the business on compliance and regulatory issues and their obligations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of compliance policies and procedures to ensure the firm adheres to its regulatory requirements in Europe and the UK.
- Ensure regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Be responsible for Implementation and conducting of compliance surveillance and monitoring activities.
- Maintain and develop the risk and compliance monitoring program and regulatory reporting obligations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advising the firm accordingly.
Experienced Compliance Professional
- 5+ years working risk programs for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- 3+ years of experience in financial services
- Experience creating functional and organizational processes to manage policies and procedures and governance forums
- A hunger to identify risks that may inhibit strong positive customer experience or business growth
- Enjoy partnering with others and managing stakeholders
- Balance risk & rewards, while meeting regulatory requirements
- Strong problem solving skills that sweat the details and aim for the stars
- Ability and comfort working in white-space to create compliance frameworks and solutions
- Root cause analysis strengthened by the use data to make recommendations
- Clear communicator with key stakeholders in meetings, in policy document, and process design
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language; Spanish language skills a plus
- Experience working for a FinTech or a rapid growth company
- 34 days of vacation (including public holidays)
- Group private medical insurance with Irish Life & Health
- Group pension (6% contributed) and group income protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Learning and development benefits.
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer