At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.The Axonius Engineer will ensure that the Security Operations Team will have a pristine inventory of Assets within a complex Hybrid enterprise environment. This Engineer will play a crucial role in providing the necessary information to the Automation and SIEM teams for correct enchainment and enablement of Advanced SIEM Detections, and the automation that goes with it. The role will be responsible for Axonius platform maintenance and data onboarding, along with monitoring of the system itself. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to several key areas with the Security Operations Team, providing SME knowledge in Assets, Inventory and Collection of Data. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers. For this position, you must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning both solutions built on modern deployments on “open” technology stacks.
How you'll make an impact:
- Monitor and Design Data connections for the Axonius platform
- Operational support and daily maintenance for the Axonius platform
- Onboard new Data Connections, and work with 3rd parties to ensure the correct data is onboarded
- Work with SIEM and Automation teams to leverage data gathered by Axonius
Qualifications for success:
- 5+ yrs of working in a Security Operations environment, preferably on the engineering side
- 3+ years of implementing/managing Network Enumeration through use of Cyber Asset Monitoring tools
- 3+ years of working in a Linux environment, and maintain systems built on Linux images
- Strong technical expertise in these areas: HTTP/HTTPS, Proxy, API services, Application monitoring, routing, and python
- Experienced in data retrieval via API interactions with Security/Infrastructure tool sets, and platforms (EDR, Case Management, NGFW, Cloud Providers, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of host virtualization, networking, build process, deployments, scaling, and SLA monitoring
- Capable of thinking and communication on different abstraction levels
- Agile and lean practices, DevOps culture, and iterative customer feedback-based development are key aspects of our culture
- Sound technical depth - ability to go deep into technical architecture and design when needed to solve a complex problem
- Strong engineering delivery and execution track record using agile continuous deployment process
- A mindset of continuous improvement and making into the DNA of the team
- Experience in compiling Asset inventories from disparate data sources.
- Expertise in the Security domain - exposure to a variety of Network and Infrastructure design concepts, and how that relates to Asset Discovery and Inventory.
- Experience in the cloud, network, and endpoint technologies commonly used in Fortune 500 environments.
- Proven skills in managing workload in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
With Optiv you can expect:• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge • Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities. • The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. By submitting your information through this page, you consent to Optiv collecting, using, and processing your personal data as part of Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time. Optiv respects your privacy. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your information, click here