Associate Security Engineer
Associate Security Engineer
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Primarily on-site (Newmarket)
Hours: 32hours across a 4-day week (no salary sacrifice)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative and fast-growing, ed-tech scale-up that is on a mission to deliver cutting-edge technologies to improve ways of working for the education sector.
Our goal is to ensure the focus is always on the learning outcomes for the students. We do this by transforming how school data is maintained, managed and accessed by third-party applications (apps) via our simple API platform.
We are trusted by over 27,000 schools globally in the security and reliability of their technology and data.
We’re committed to changing the lives of students, teachers and parents and want the help of talented individuals who will support our journey in driving better outcomes for the education sector.
As an Associate Security Engineer at Wonde, you will support the implementation, assessment and continuous improvement of security at Wonde. We use modern cloud-based technologies in Amazon Web Services, perform regular PEN testing and take security seriously, but we know that we could do more and want you to help us with this.
You will work closely with our Senior Security Engineer and the wider Infrastructure team to support their agenda of improving all areas of our security. We’d like someone with strong IT and technical knowledge with the skills and desire to utilise them daily.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing regular checks on IT equipment to ensure security and efficiency
- Assisting with any needed software/hardware upgrades
- Helping respond to any security incidents
- Supporting in the development of processes & systems and looking to improve how things get done
- Being aware of ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials certification requirements and making sure we are doing better than the minimum required for these
- Acting as a point of contact for any internal IT support queries. We make heavy use of cloud based services for our IT solutions (Google Workspace, Slack, Atlassian Cloud, Aircall, Zendesk)
- Installing and configuring new starters and current team members IT equipment in line with our security guidelines. We mainly use Apple Mac laptops, but do have a number of Windows devices
- Supporting colleagues with any troubleshooting queries
- Occasional out of hours working
What you’ll have:
- Strong IT experience with the ability to troubleshoot issues
- The skill set to implement and configure systems to ensure they are secure
- A keen interest in security and how IT systems can help
- Self-starter attitude, taking ownership and driving forward the work from concept to delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and to interact efficiently with others
- Experience with cloud hosting providers - AWS (a nice to have)
- The capabilities and desire to help a scaling business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with an innovative mindset
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing a superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and have worked hard to create adaptable and comprehensive benefits packages to suit individual needs, although you can expect the below as standard:
- 4-day working week
- Flexible working schedule/work-from-home opportunities
- Onsite gym and well-being (quiet room) facilities
- Buying and selling holiday scheme (unlimited)
- Additional holiday for length of service
- Annual allowance for volunteering days
- Onsite trained mental health and well-being champions
- Monthly lunch club (on us)
- Comprehensive wellness programmes (think meditation retreats and continuous access to well-being apps/initiatives)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Electric car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye examination scheme
- Financial contribution to the set up of work-from-home environments
- Use of new and leading technology in the form of apple products
- Frequent company-funded social events
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive employee referral scheme
- Casual Dress Code
In addition to the above, you’ll have access to our ‘take your pick’ benefits scheme which is tailored specifically to you!
Wonde is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage interest from all candidates and do not discriminate against any non-merit factors. If you require any adjustments to the application or selection process please call or email us so we can ensure you have the correct support.
Please only use this number for needed amendments. If you're looking to understand more about an opportunity you’ll need to apply or confirm a time with the talent team at the above email address.