Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Analyst, Compliance
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced compliance professionals responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and the AML/BSA/Sanctions program. You will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, performing Level 2 analysis and adjudication of escalated alerts, preparation of Suspicious Activity Report (“SAR”) filings, and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time.
Gemini’s Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development, while being an integral part of a best-in-class Compliance team.
- Conduct investigations of customer activity to determine whether such activity warrants reporting.
- Draft and prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Gather information from different work-streams and sources to develop typologies and recommendations for control enhancements.
- Conduct customer outreach to gather additional information regarding customer activity.
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset services, and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance.
- Experience drafting and filing SARs.
- Comfort within a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including case management systems, and web-based databases.
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, CAMS, CFE.
- Familiarity with virtual currencies, digital transaction cycles or blockchain tracing/analytics tools.
- Knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA and Sanctions regulations.
- Familiarity with Google Suite Applications.
- Comfort with an ever-changing regulatory and business environment.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $66,000 - $92,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. The base salary range for this role outside of New York City, California, and Washington is between $59,000 - $83,000. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.