Mexico - Remote••September 22, 2023
Job Summary: Rackspace is looking for an Accountant IV to join our team. This individual will be responsible for interpreting Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) pronouncements. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues. The accountant IV will be responsible for owning the fixed asset books for assigned offices. This person will be working with various departments within our business to help establish and maintain the Fixed Asset processing along with performing certain month-end close and other accounting activities. This position is based in India and reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager, Fixed Assets and Projects. Prepares general ledger account reconciliations and account balance fluctuation analysis. Prepare standard and specialized financial reports according to GAAP. Prepare external and internal reporting documents. Assists in training new staff. Requires expert knowledge in a particular area of accounting. Work Location: Remote
- General Ledger
- Perform month end close activities.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Validation of intercompany Fixed Assets activity.
- Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist with external or internal audit requests.
- Responsible for adhering to company accounting and security policies and procedures as directed.
- Fixed Assets:
- Take ownership of entire FA process for countries assigned.
- Process and verify asset additions, retirements and transfers.
- Ensure books are closed and reconciled monthly, quarterly or annually as required.
- Process fixed asset subledger transactions in Oracle including interfacing assets via mass additions and running depreciation for assigned entities.
- High level knowledge of fixed assets, GL accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent time management, communications, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead special projects from beginning to end and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel as well as CFO leadership.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Ability to communicate financial information and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to propose solutions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Advanced Excel skills, can create and build VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Typically requires 10+ years of professional accounting experience. ERP experience required; Oracle experience preferred.
- Typically requires 2-4 years of fixed asset accounting experience.
- Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life