XOR Security is currently looking for an experienced Zero Trust Architect to support one of our prime contracts in Washington, D.C. to provide effective leadership and engineering guidance towards a ZTA end-state. Tasks:
- Lead technical working groups to assess, design, and architect roadmaps towards implementation of ZTA solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations for ZTA initiatives by integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designing cybersecurity architectural artifacts, providing architectural analysis and evaluating existing system to future needs and trends.
- Create project plan, schedule, and charts to track ZTA progress.
- Host weekly briefing to leadership to provide status and schedule of ZTA initiatives.
- Attend ZTA related meetings for both VA and government wide related functions.
- Conducts software and systems engineering and software systems research to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software
- Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design
- Responsible for the full range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access
- Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration/testing issues
- Has developed trusted relationships with customers
- May mentor and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
- Recognized as an industry leader in Cybersecurity
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field (8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Minimum 7 years of technical experience with experience architecting cybersecurity systems
- In-depth working knowledge of Palo Alto ZTA solutions
- Understanding of ZTA maturity model
- This position may require for requires US Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a VA Public Trust
- Certifications in Zero Trust
- CISSP and/or CISSP-ISSAP
- Any top/architect-level tool-specific certifications
- Master's Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science or relevant STEM
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.