Avertium is the security partner that companies turn to for end-to-end Cybersecurity solutions that attack the chaos of the cybersecurity landscape with context. By fusing together human expertise and a business-first mindset with the right combination of technology and threat intelligence, Avertium delivers a more comprehensive, more programmatic approach to cybersecurity - one that drives action on the ground and influence in the boardroom. That's why over 1,200 mid-market and enterprise-level organizations across 15 industries turn to Avertium when they want to be more efficient, more effective, and more resilient when waging today's cyber war. Show no weakness.®The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8+ years of cybersecurity experience within security, compliance, and technology. As a Cybersecurity Advisor, you will be security focused with emphasis on prioritizing and building cybersecurity programs for customers. You will have the ability to effectively execute and manage large complex programmatic engagements with key client organizations while capturing security, compliance, and operational needs to produce well-designed strategic solutions. As an Advisor you will be responsible for delivering written reports, policies and procedures documents and creating system security plans and programs is a must. You must be self-disciplined and able to work on individual tasks, sometimes without clear requirements, and work well in a team environment. Cybersecurity Advisors are expected to effectively communicate or present strategic business information to senior leadership and/or C-Suite personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 8 + years in the industry
- Analyze and develop cybersecurity strategies and solutions
- Manage complex and comprehensive enterprise level cybersecurity strategies
- Experience with integrating risk, governance, and compliance while working with competing business priorities
- Understanding of network security products including but not limited to; SIEM and EDR/MDR solutions
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PCI and NIST standards
- Working knowledge of privacy requirements
- The ability to multi-task multiple projects with short completion times
- Strong, creative problem solving and analytical thinker
- This position requires research, preparation, and participation in presentations and customer briefings, as well as occasional travel to customer locations.
- Ability to execute on implementation and integration tasks
- Creative problem-solving and analytic thinker
- Capacity to recommend network solutions
- Strong customer service and teaming skills with all personnel levels of a business
- Flexible and responsive to changing situations; adaptable to changing requirements
- DESIRED (But Not Required):
- CCISO and other recognized certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
In addition to a career in the challenging world of cyber security, Avertium offers competitive salaries, full benefits, unlimited paid time off, participation in 401(k), and opportunities for professional growth and development. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge security technologies in a stimulating work environment.Avertium provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.