Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.We are currently seeking a Systems Specialist, Connectivity Solutions. The ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. This is a principal architect role that needs extensive expertise and experience in system and communications software development life-cycle, architecture, and design. Candidates shall demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, possess the ability to adapt quickly and strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.**This opportunity is for our onsite location at Newark,CA**
- Drive cross-functional teams to consolidate detailed requirements and architecture specifications for the next-generation Connectivity solutions spanning telematics communication gateways and Over The Air Updates (OTA) infrastructure to manage the vehicle firmware, calibration, and bootloader upgrades.
- Formulate high-level design specifications that form a baseline for detailed system and software design and verification testing. The primary customers are software development and verification engineers.
- Closely collaborate with the Development, Verification, Integration, and Service engineers to establish product excellence; the teams span internal and external teams, including suppliers and partners.
- Define the project/product benefits and success criteria, and priorities and arrive at executable roadmaps.
- Author Connectivity RFPs, RFQs, and SoWs and evaluate suppliers.
- Ensure complete requirements and architecture traceability and compliance with industry standards.
- Ensure optimization of software through design reviews.
- Collaborate with extended teams, including Controls, Security, Infotainment, and UX, to realize the overall project objectives on time and within budget.
- Formulate balanced solutions for unstructured, complex problems with multi-dimensional constraints, e.g., performance (throughput, latency), power consumption, CPU bandwidth, network bandwidth, complexity, extensibility, security, and safety.
- Approach challenges/problems laterally across the systems and domains and vertically drill down to subsystems and elements involved and reconcile gaps and contradictions.
- Diligently follow through and follow up on commitments and proactively unblock the issues; avoid negative surprises.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer or equivalent degrees having software development concentration, with 6+ or 8+ years of relevant experience, respectively.
- 6+ years of proven industry experience in the roles of architects and technical product management in the connectivity and automotive technologies spanning Unified Diagnostics Services, Diagnostics over IP, and vehicle network architecture.
- Strong foundations in software systems design of networking and embedded areas covering the complete software development life cycle.
- Prior experience in systems software programming using C and C++.
- Experience using requirement management systems like JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools.
- Experience with vehicle-to-cloud connectivity solutions, including MQTT and cloud infrastructure.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer or equivalent degrees having software development concentration
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus.
- -OTA servers and vehicle-side s/w capabilities
- -Linux-based system environment
- -Communication Stacks – TCP/IP, LTE/5G, WiFi, TLS, VPN, Cybersecurity
- -Automotive industry with premier OEMs or Tier-1s is a plus
: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.· California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $214,500Additional Compensation and Benefits
: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice
. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice
. At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies
: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.