Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment by producing, distributing, and streaming content at a massive scale. Over 220 million members around the globe are currently enjoying more than two billion hours per month of original series, documentaries and feature films. Visit our long-term view to learn more.The TeamThe Privacy and Data Protection Engineering team promotes privacy-enhancing designs, sets engineering standards and builds systems to ensure Netflix is managing data correctly. We are a growing and agile team with tremendous visibility and impact, and with Netflix’s culture of “Freedom and Responsibility” you’ll decide how to best use your talents and time.The RoleWe are looking for a Software Engineer to build privacy engineering solutions spanning over the entire Netflix infrastructure. In this role, you will partner closely with other software engineers, data scientists and TPMs to design, prototype, develop, run and improve data cataloging, detection and metadata systems at scale. This role provides an unique opportunity to work across diverse environments including distributed systems, data streaming and data warehouse. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve challenging problems and impact the business in a meaningful way.
- You are passionate about privacy and data protection. However, prior experience in privacy engineering is not required.
- You are a strong software engineer highly proficient in Java.
- You have experience developing software and building services and automation.
- You have a bias towards action and are comfortable navigating through ambiguous environments.
- You’re excited about demonstrating excellence, learning new technologies and growing your career.
Nice to have:
Stunning colleagues come from different education levels and backgrounds. The Netflix culture determines who we hire, how we work together and how we make decisions. You will be surrounded by a great team and empowered to produce your best work.At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location. The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $300,000 - $900,000. This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
- You have experience using SQL (any variant) with large data sets.
- You have experience in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink) on medium to large scale data sets.