Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, you will be fully remote but would require you to be located in IndiaWe're looking for a Technical Program manager to join our team, focused on initiating and delivering complex programs spanning multiple teams.You'll be part of the Search Platform leadership team reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager. Search Platform powers the search and relevance engine behind Atlassian products and our latest developments in applied AI via LLM. The team is tasked with the mission to provide reliable Infrastructure and a consistent user experience while improving the accuracy of results. As the Atlassian client base grows in number, content volume for clients grows and the wave of AI taking over search is becoming an ever-exciting and challenging engineering domain.
What will you do
- Understand business goals and translate them into technical systems problems that need to be prioritized and solved.
- Define programs of work and create a plan of action for delivering those programs.
- Use your technical understanding of Atlassian and related systems to partner with and influence engineers and architects to drive progress on these problems.
- Take a systematic approach to engineering problems. This includes prioritizing tasks, scoping out the project, defining objectives, and making consistent progress against each of these.
- Be accountable for the success of these technical programs by managing the entire lifecycle from initiation to forecasting, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Manage complex dependencies and projects with a broad scope across the company
WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Significant experience with backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, etc) and building large-scale modern web-software
- 5+ years of product design/development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading large-scale projects within software teams as a Development Manager or TPM
- Experience defining and running end-to-end complex technical programs
- Experience with business strategy, product direction, and technical architecture
- Proven experience leading projects spanning multiple teams,
- Experience in building schedules, applying tracking and control mechanisms on projects, tracking and managing risks and dependencies, and communicating with partners
- Experience working in a team covering designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, testing, and performance requirements
If you've got these skills, even betterExperience in ElasticSearch, OpenSearch, or other search engine technologiesExperience building event-driven based on SQS, SNS, Kafka, or equivalent technologiesOur perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub