Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is passionate about building scalable cloud services to join our growing Confluence SRE team. You will be joining a high-impact team tasked with building and running platform services that manage and scale the AWS infrastructure components that support Confluence.You are someone who is passionate about building reliable services, enjoys systems engineering, keeps on top of industry reliability and scalability trends and loves bringing their knowledge into the team. We'd love it if you brought a deep understanding of modern cloud infrastructure, programming expertise, operational experience and a desire to change the status quo. We're looking for an engineer who can analyze and help improve our services and processes to get us to an even higher level of availability, scalability, and reliability.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of hands on experience with public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, RDS or Aurora, S3, DynamoDB, Memcached/ElastiCache, SQS, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP / Azure)
- 5+ years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering and/or operating large-scale production systems.
- Strong backend engineering experience in Java/Python/Golang, including engagement to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Experience with one or more modern observability platforms (e.g., Splunk, NewRelic, Datadog or similar)
- Experience building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
It's great if you have:
- Experience with Database administration, managing Aurora/Postgres infrastructure will be highly valued
- Experience in microservice architecture.
- Experience building web-services and clients using REST/GraphQL
- Experience using container systems like Docker and/or Platform as a Services
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:Zone A: $160,300 - $245,900Zone B: $144,200 - $221,300Zone C: $133,000 - $204,100Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones
for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.#LI-RemoteOur perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub