Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role is fully remote but requires you to be located in the Pacific Standard Time Zone.We're looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a team of 15 backend engineers. You'll be part of the Data Management Platform Team and will report to the Head of Engineering based in the US. We are expanding from Australia, and as one of the first members, you will shape the culture and strategy of the organization. We provision and operate data stores to satisfy Atlassian's storage needs. The services you will develop and operate are at the core of our infrastructure and require high quality while moving fast to keep up with our customers' needs.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for high-quality software delivery, grow individuals and groom leaders on the team and contribute to architecture
- Work with leadership and partners to strategize, evolve a roadmap and provide high quality solutions
- Identify blockers, goals, success metrics ensuring awareness, OKR/roadmap awareness, and expectations
- Manage projects, process, partners and timelines
- Manage a growing team of Tech Leads and Software Engineers
- Hire a team of Senior and Principal Engineers
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Expertise with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Kotlin, Go, or Scala is required.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
If you've got these skills, even better:
- Proficiency in K8s and Cloud Native technologies
- Experience building and operating world-scale storage systems
- Proficiency in Elastic Search, RDS, Aurora, or DynamoDB
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:Zone A: $187,500 - $287,500Zone B: $168,700 - $258,800Zone C: $155,600 - $238,700Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones
for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub