We are looking to expand our security analyst capabilities within a rapidly expanding team that provides security services to protect our business and clients. This role will report into our Senior Security Engineering team and will work closely across all IT Teams and business units. If you have a background in IT support, deployment or security operations and would like to expand your skills in a Microsoft focused security role this could be the position for you.
The purpose the role will be to assist in investigations, incidents and general support of the Security Engineering and Operations functions. The role will be responsible for generating an understanding of the alerts and events taking place in the environment and applying business context to improve the security posture. Your success will contribute to helping improve security across the business, making recommendations and assisting with the delivery of a continuous improvement security strategy. Training, the time and support will be provided for you to achieve accreditations from Microsoft Security Operations Analyst through to Microsoft Certified Security Administrator Associate.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyse security and risk issues, vulnerabilities, and situations, provide risk-weighted recommendations to internal users and customers.
- Monitor, react to, investigate, and respond to all real or perceived information security and cyber related events, issues, incidents, threats and attacks.
- Work with existing teams (Service desk, Software Engineering, DevOps, Data) to quickly assess security issues and process the most appropriate action.
- Follow, create and improve standard security operation procedures and practices to protect the business and clients.
- Ability to install security software and applications.
- Assist and support the manager in event/incident handling and investigations.
- Support the Critical Incident Management process for cyber related events.
- Inclusion with our 24/7 on call rota.
Collaboration and Effective Communication
- Communicate regularly with the Service Delivery managers and Service Delivery team members.
- Ensure that the IT Security documentation is maintained and updated regularly as required.
- Recent and relevant experience of working in an IT Support (Service Desk) and/or Security Operations experience.
- Technical understanding of IT infrastructure (any of the following): - Microsoft 365 suite, Azure Active Directory, Azure portal.
- Experience of working in a diverse Global Company.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Networking and IT Security and strong endpoint and networks troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Security frameworks, ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials, NIST, PCI.
- Experience of investigating security issues/incidents.
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Desirable knowledge of security solutions and technologies including Network Firewalls, proxy technologies, EDR, SIEM.
- Desirable qualifications Microsoft Security qualifications SC-200, SC-400, or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate subjects clearly.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Organized, methodical and self-motivated.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and security technologies.
Career framewok level Band E. Application closing date for Control Risk Employees 9 December 2022
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Apply for this job