Rackspace is looking for a Revenue Accountant
to join our team. This individual will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and providing detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement. Work Location:
- Prepare and review journal entries including but not limited to accounts receivable, allowance for doubtful accounts, deferred revenue, and other revenue/miscellaneous accruals.
- Ensure accuracy of revenue data.
- Analyze and understand products and revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition and coding.
- Ensure internal controls are performed timely and accurately.
- Determine monthly revenue forecast and perform analysis.
- Actively review related processes and procedures for improvement and collaborate with other impacted teams to implement.
- Perform monthly/quarterly close activities, including timely completion of balance sheet account reconciliations, tie-out of Revenue Database to General Ledger, account analysis, variance explanations, and PBCs.
- Work directly with external customers to address inquires and resolve discrepancies.
- Position requires work beyond a standard 8-hours day during the financial close and other occasions as necessary, potentially including weekends and holidays.
- Fluent, Bi-lingual (Spanish and English): interviews will be held in English. - Role can work remotely in the states of Ciudad de Mexico, Jalisco, Nuevo Leon, Aguascalientes, Queretaro, Estado de Mexico and Puebla- This opportunity is a permanent remote job, but you need to be based in Mexico at one of the above locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- 4-5 years of professional accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience — preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with moderate supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and growing environment that requires participation in multiple projects at one time.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and required documentation Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in working with sub-ledger and General Ledger systems, Oracle a plus.
- Good time management, communication, decision-making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Enjoys interacting and collaborating with team members and business partners.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to critically analyze financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to create efficiencies or solutions for existing or unexpected situations.
- Resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to provide Fanatical Support to internal business partners.
- Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
#LI-JR1#LI-RemoteAbout Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.