The Rackspace Private Cloud Professional Services (PS) Delivery team provides services and solutions to customers. We are looking for a Manager, Professional Services Delivery to lead a team of technical delivery engineers responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of our services and solutions to Customers. The role will also involve providing oversight and management of our strategic accounts and associated large project customer deliveries, with active engagement and communication with customers and internal stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of leadership, excellent communication and persuasion skills, with experience of how the Go-To-Market, Professional Services, Support and Delivery teams operate. Expectation to build strong partnerships, relationships and collaborate with all teams across Rackspace. Regular communication and engagement with Customers and Partners to deliver PS offerings and services. The Manager will be actively engaged in leading strategic customer delivery projects, escalations, building relationships with customers, and driving growth for Professional Services Technical Delivery. The Manager will also play a key role in helping to drive or lead strategic initiatives for the PS delivery team.
- Evaluates customer’s needs, objectives and steers the delivery process to a successful outcome. Monitor effectiveness in satisfying customer needs and providing a fanatical experience.
- Oversees technical delivery projects by ensuring adequate resource availability, working with delivery team or partners as required. Ensures project managers can coordinates plans and schedules; monitors and reports this progress to Professional Services management. Maintains effective communication with those involved; responsible for delivery issue resolution, escalations and follow through with the customer to a successful outcome.
- Providing oversight and management of key strategic customer delivery projects ensuring necessary communication, engagement and collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders
- Maintains a proactive management approach which includes planning, regular communication of status, issues and events; strives to anticipate delivery problem resolution with a proactive approach.
- Assists in the analysis of Professional Services projects to determine the degree of difficulty involved and the number of days necessary to complete and deliver the project.
- Maintains employee utilizations and assist other teams as necessary.
- Coordinates and conducts regular team meetings to communicate Company and team information; ensures good lines of communication and good working relationships are maintained with all personnel involved in the process.
- Maintains open lines of communication with customers and Rackers by monitoring/reporting project status, problems, time schedules, and accomplishments on an ongoing basis
- Ensures that all customer issues are reported and efficiently controlled from recognition to resolution to ensure that customer expectations are met in a timely fashion; acts as a liaison between the customer and Rackers for all problems that may occur during the delivery process.
- Provides and develops presentations as required for customers and senior management reporting updates on project delivery, team performance, KPIs, etc. as required
- Ensures Team remains current on areas of specialization with regards to products and services.
- Develop team knowledge by using available documentation, brown bags, knowledge transfer sessions, training and certification
- Strong understanding of technical delivery, with the ability to increase technical depth within the team as required
- Drive process improvement and lead, engage in strategic initiatives to support PS Private Cloud delivery strategy
- Hiring, Onboarding and performance management processesDirect management responsibilities including onboarding, interviewing, hiring, mentoring, planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management, KPI / Scorecard achievement, Racker engagement and development. Support of Customers, delivery projects, escalations. Leading and support of strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, with experience of leading technical delivery teams.
- Preferred Project Management experience and engagement with Strategic level Customers and Executives
- Proven experience coordinating complex, customer-related and service activities as well as an ability to oversee remote resources is required.
- Preferred knowledge of forecasting, revenue, margin, utilization required for project delivery
- Good financial acumen, able to manage budgets, plan capacity, and forecast revenue
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and manage a team, foster collaboration, and drive results
- Skilled communicator who can deal with all levels of technical, user and management resources from an end user to the C Level. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred project management skills with experience delivering projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and talk with customers directly (up to Enterprise level Customers)
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Good team leadership skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, delegate responsibilities, and manage team performance
#LI-JH1About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.