Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future teamWe're looking for a Data leader with business instincts, management experience, analytics mastery, and experienced in improving data science efficiency. Someone who is passionate about applying these skills to lead data quality, reduce the need for data scientists to perform data engineering tasks, working across the organization to create the proper data layer to increase data science productivity.You will be reporting to Dylan Lewis who is the Experimentation Leader at Atlassian.
What you'll do
- Draw on your expertise in understanding software development lifecycle and developer productivity to think about what are data and insights features that we should ship to our customers to influence the way they work
- Partner with the data engineering and platform teams to Identify, and support short, medium and long-term portfolio of projects that improves data assets used across data science.
- Envision, scope, and lead projects by collaborating with partners, software and data engineering leaders, and data scientists.
- Guide the creation of tools that allow a centralized data framework that improves the efficiency, quality and capabilities of all data analysts and scientists.
- Oversee business case development, data requirement gathering (including metrics and definitions alignment), establishing acceptance criteria, QAing, and testing for new transformational data products from start to finish to ensure everything is implemented and validated.
- Work across marketing and product to develop monitoring and action plans across the data quality lifecycle (instrumentation → transformation → data/metrics/segments)
- Lead, coach, and build the data quality team within the Data Science team
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team to define and achieve standard segment and metric definitions and governance.
- Guide demos sessions and education roll out for new data products and features to ensure adoption and usage
- 3+ years of data science, analytics and/or data engineering leadership experience
- Experience working with software and data engineering teams, an understanding of the software development lifecycle, what drives software team to succeed and exposure to typical software engineering tools (e.g. Jira, SCM, CI/CD systems).
- Expertise in data modeling, (e.g. SQL, Python), knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS), and experience with data ETLs and UAT processes
- An Agile development mindset, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing "having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Experience applying your analytics skills to identify and lead projects that have had impact on strategic and product roadmap decisions
- Proficiency in at least one visualization tool
- Comfort explaining complex concepts to diverse audiences (such as Product Managers, Designers, Engineers), and creating compelling stories
- Project management and prioritization experience; preferably with Data Engineering, Product Management, and Software Engineering teams
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:Zone A: $186,000 - $285,000Zone B: $167,000 - $257,000Zone C: $154,600 - $237,000 Within each range, base pay is determined based on your skills and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones
for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.#LI-RemoteOur perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub