Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you want to influence the next chapter of a remarkable company -- with the chance to make an impact on business growth and operational excellence? Atlassian is looking for a Communications Lead to serve as an essential partner to our President and the leadership team. You will be on the global communications team and will report to the Internal Communications team.The Communications lead will partner closely with teams, develop narratives, and raise brand awareness for Atlassian, and Anu's personal profile, internally and externally.You're passionate about the opportunity to influence thousands of employees at one of the leading tech brands in the world. You're excited about technology and software. You have a knack for developing engaging content and simplifying complex concepts to ensure our employees understand what they need to know and do to help the company succeed. You'll always find ways to improve communications and are comfortable providing counsel and an opinion to senior leaders. You're excited to measure the impact of your programs so that we are always on a path of continuous improvement.
What you'll do:
- Build and run global internal communications programs as a self-starter who can operate independently.
- Work closely with technology leaders, serving as a strategic guide and tactical partner to help engage our distributed team.
- Drive alignment across teams and functions with effective comms, building understanding and awareness of global company priorities.
- Lead grassroots efforts to more fully engage the global Atlassian community, using our values to connect with employees.
- Play a key role in internal content creation and maintain a cadence of messaging using various channels, from blogging and other digital comms to face-to-face sessions and small informal meetings.
- Create a unified voice and common messaging for the office of the President.
- Ghostwrite, craft and edit messaging platforms, executive speaking points, speeches, FAQs, blogs, narratives, playbooks, and presentations.
- Partner with other members of the communications team to assess, plan, and prep the President for external media and PR opportunities.
- Coordinate and run internal events, such as town halls and Q&A sessions.
- 5+ years of experience in internal communications, corporate communications or employee communications, both as strategic counsel and tactical creator. We will consider transferrable skills, too.
- Possess top-notch decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Be a natural writer, able to personally pen content for engineering or technical initiatives.
- Collaborate with our Creative team to develop visually appealing content that tells a story.
- Have a high-energy approach and high emotional intelligence, matched with the ability to get stuff done in innovative ways.
It's great but not required if you have:
- Experience in the software industry, with insight into tech history, culture, and tech nomenclature.
- B2C and B2B experience, or at least an informed point-of-view on what makes brands stand out to attract, hire and retain employees.
- Experience handling communications for diversity & inclusion initiatives (we say balance & belonging at Atlassian) and galvanizing team's around these programs.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:Zone A: $135,300 - $207,600Zone B: $121,800 - $186,900Zone C: $112,300 - $172,400Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones
for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub