Drives the full sales cycle to both win and grow share of wallet in strategic accounts for Rackspace. Owns the client relationship for all growth and delivery for assigned customer base. Utilizes industry and strategic knowledge to acquire new customers and drive new footprint in large, complex, strategic, business changing deals. Develops deep relationships with strategic customers and prospects, gaining knowledge and understanding of industry challenges and long and short-term objectives in order to present viable IT solutions and create net promoters. Leverages an established network of references to win credibility. Navigates and manages a 6 – 24 month sales cycle to keep Rackspace focused on winning and growing the business relationship in a sustainable manner. Lives and demonstrates Rackspace’s core values in the sales arena. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Builds and owns account plans, including pursuit plan, timeline, deliverables, and goals, for named prospects and strategic accounts assigned to them.
- Builds and owns integrated portfolio plan to prioritize activities targeted at prospects and customer base.
- In partnership with regional sales manager, finalize named prospect list, providing input into additional strategic pursuits within territory that align with overall Rackspace competitive strategy.
- Coordinate with Marketing and BDRs to select targeted marketing plays to run for sales plays.
- Lead sales process for all Rackspace solutions, particularly large, complex, multi-cloud pursuits requiring cross functional collaboration.
- Conduct targeted outbound prospecting within assigned accounts. Collaborates with sales support on outbounding efforts and lead generation activities.
- Engage potential client to understand high-level needs and verify right fit for Rackspace solution and to qualify leads based on set framework.
- Performs proactive assessments of how well Rackspace solutions meet the customer requirements and what customization would be required; presents the assessment to customers as part of the sales process.
- Lead efforts to create proposal for solution to prove value add. Provides customers with Rackspace product offering based on facts and an understanding of their current/future business needs and objectives.
- Develops and delivers innovative strategies that benefit customers and/or clients.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with key stakeholder to drive decisions that result in the close of the sale.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer contracts and renewals.
- Recognized as an expert within Rackspace.
- Proactively identifies and participates in the resolution of complex problems that impact the direction of the business
- Identifies opportunities to create promoter Partners & Customers and works to identify new ways to leverage our product set in order to delight them.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with Support Teams, Account Managers and Sales Support Teams.
- Works closely with Sales Engineers, Technical Sales Reps to perform in depth assessment of customer needs and infrastructures.
- Utilizes business relationships to drive new opportunities.
- 12+ years of successful B2B sales experience, including a minimum 8+ years Hosting, Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), Services, Apps, and/or Security experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required. Equivalent combination of experience & education may be considered, at manager discretion.
- Experience selling technology services into banking/finance/securities industry strongly desired.
- Successful account management/IB sales experience, incorporating value/service selling in business or marketing experience.
- Ability to anticipate business issues; recommends product, process or service improvements.
- Regarded as the technical expert in their job discipline within the organization.
- Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline and broad knowledge of other job disciplines within the organization function.
The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and the New York City Pay Transparency Act. This applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado or in New York City. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado and New York City applicants for this role is $$160,400 – $282,150 for CO and $186,900 – $329,010 for NYC. Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits
offered is here.#LI-DNIAbout Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.