Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.About Migrations Team
Atlassian traditionally has been a server and data center first company. A few years ago, we made a decision to be cloud first. Atlassian’s #1 OKR is shifting our customers to cloud and the Migrations Team is the owner of this OKR. The team is spread across USA, Australia and India. We have migrated some of our customers to cloud and the journey has started. We have a long way to go and a very interesting set of engineering problems to solve in this journey. About Data Portability Platform Team
Imagine moving TB’s and PB’s of data reliably, continually and at neck breaking speed. As you can imagine, this needs a platform and a robust + scalable one. Enter The Data Portability Platform(DPP) team, this team is tasked with building platform which will be leveraged for all data portability use cases be it, server to cloud, cloud to cloud, Backup-Restore, building self serve capabilities, extending these functionalities to 3 party apps etc. For Atlassian to meet its #1 OKR of shifting customers to cloud this platform has to deliver supporting the myriad use cases that both server to cloud and on-cloud customers need to continue using our products. Role
Everyday here would be a dribble between balancing short term priorities with long term platform capabilities and the team has an army of PEs, Senior PE’s that you would be closely working with. Needless to say, mentoring and growth would follow. You will play a critical role in shaping the roadmap for the team. You’ll be a hands on engineer and go-to-engineer for the team and your stakeholders. Your greatest responsibility will be to ensure timely delivery of projects with utmost quality spanning multiple teams, identifying and managing dependencies, creating win-win-win situations for all teams involved, in turn creating win for Atlassian. This is a unique role which requires a combination of engineering excellence, operational excellence and execution excellence while balancing quality and speed. You will have a lot of autonomy and accountability and a team of brilliant engineers to support you in this journey. You will code as a part of your day to day role to win the respect of the team while also looking at the overall project deliverables.
On their first day, we'll expect :
Our perks & benefits
- You are an engineer at heart with a track record of driving and delivering large (multi-geo, multi-team) and complex projects.
- You can smell dependencies and the risks that comes with it. You know when to escalate and when to lean on relations to get things done.
- You are able to zoom in and zoom out, being hands-on in the sprint while also being able to think holistically at the project level.
- You can write RFCs/tech specs and project plans and can coordinate multiple teams of engineers towards implementing them, unblocking them along the way if necessary.
- You thrive in ambiguity, working with almost zero guidance, taking extreme ownership and creating win-win situations with your creative solutions.
- You are comfortable with Java, Kotlin, Saas, Paas, AWS services like (DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis) and a solid understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Working with Kafka, Kafka Streams, and streaming architecture is something you have had hands-on experience in the past..
- Last point, you are a team player. You understand that the team is bigger than any individual and are able to coach and grow other engineers in the team.
- You excel in abstracting out technical complexities and can engage with business / product stakeholders in an easy conversation on OKRs and KPIs.
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub