The Data Center Operations Technician owns the responsibility of all IT Infrastructure, including customer configurations, within the data center environment ensuring all customer server environments are secure, operational and maintain 99.999% up-time.
- Utilize custom monitoring software and internal ticketing system to provide customer support.
- Identify and troubleshoot simple hardware failures on servers, including the replacement of failed hardware components.
- Troubleshoot Operating system storage issues including file system, disk management and RAID technologies.
- Support Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, Ubuntu Linux or VMWare ESX Server.
- Simple operating systems administration to include troubleshooting of login, password and connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot simple local area network (LAN) connectivity issues and re-establish remote access to customer configurations utilizing SSH, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services or Remote Access Controllers.
- Complete troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of network device hardware including access and aggregation switches, firewalls, load-balancers and security appliances.
- Complete troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of storage devices including DAS and NAS arrays.
- Complete customer configuration maintenances including hardware modification, operating system installation, mounting of the devices within cabinets and completion of all cabling needs required.
- Troubleshoot copper and fiber cabling including initial installation testing as well as connectivity issues with previously deployed copper or fiber cabling.
- Provide technical communication relating to customer configurations in a concise, professional manner.
- Adhere to company security policies and procedures, including health and safety and local governing requirements as directed.
- Communicate in an honest, transparent manner focused on building trust amongst customers and coworkers.
- Must be able to work shift work covering a 24x7x365 roster, including public holidays and weekends.
- Previous experience with building, repairing or upgrading hardware.
- Experience with Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant server hardware.
- Experience with Dell PowerVault DAS, NetApp and EMC Isilon NAS systems preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service-oriented position preferred.
- Experience with Cisco, F5 and Brocade network devices preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills, type with proficiency and exhibit professional phone etiquette.
- Must be able to lift servers and various other hardware without assistance.
- Must have reliable transportation. Willing to occasionally travel to other DC's within Sydney as required.
Success in the role requires the following personal qualities:
- Effective Communicator.
- Team Player.
- Welcomes Feedback.
- Ability to Identify Problems.
#LI-SM6About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.