Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from France, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
We're looking for an accomplished commercial transactions lawyer to join our Commercial Legal Team! As a member of this team you'll draft and negotiate a variety of agreements with Atlassian's enterprise customers in the DACH region, all while contributing to team projects and culture. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions for Atlassian.Your future team
You will report directly to the Senior Commercial Counsel and Team Lead who is responsible for Central and Southern EMEA. Within that team, your focus will be to support the DACH region.
What you'll do:
- Be an active part of our growing Commercial Legal Team, which supports Atlassian's Enterprise Sales Team.
- Negotiate enterprise cloud and license agreements for Atlassian's products and services.
- Provide balanced, business-minded judgment and guidance to your clients. We're not looking for academic analysis!
- Partner with other teams (e.g. Privacy and Deal Desk) to bring deals to closure.
- Build trusted relationships with sales leaders in the region.
- Advice business and corporate functions in the region in close collaboration with our specialist teams in the U.S. and EMEA.
- Contribute to projects improving contract processes and sales enablement.
- You like to work in a team.
- You take ownership and accomplish tasks with appropriate support.
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers and clients, creating a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs.
- You enjoy negotiating and closing deals.
- You are not afraid to say "I don't know".
- You understand how to navigate a decentralized, multinational organization.
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to offer solutions for the business.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
Our perks & benefits
- Have a German law degree. Legal qualifications in other EMEA jurisdictions and knowledge of languages other than German and English is a plus.
- Have 5+ years of experience handling b2b contract negotiations and supporting sales teams, ideally in the SaaS space including public sector customers and/or financial institutions.
- Have an understanding of related topics like data privacy.
- Be curious about Atlassian's products, culture, and business model.
- Be willing to learn and take on new responsibilities.
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub